People Analytics CoE (Community of Expertise)
is looking for a People Analytics Data Scientist
to join its newly formed Data Science & Predictive Analytics
team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing data science projects and identifying opportunities where advanced analytics and modelling can inform strategic talent decisions, improve organization effectiveness and drive positive employee experience. Your strong analytical data science expertise and demonstrated knowledge of HR data, analytics, and processes will help advance our advanced analytics capabilities and enable data-driven decisions. What is in it for you?
You will have a chance to influence our talent strategy, help design insights that matter and be part of a great team that puts innovation and curiosity at the center of everything we do.Responsibilities:
- Lead the development and implementation of existing and future People Analytics data science models and deliverables including enhancement development, use cases and UX training (e.g., workforce planning, attrition and hiring modelling etc.)
- Advance our AI/ML capabilities by leveraging existing use-cases and using advanced modeling techniques to drive process improvements, improve organizational effectiveness and enhance candidate and employee experience
- Improve understanding of data science principles in a broader HR community (use cases, return on investment)
- Propose and implement high-impact data science solutions that help address specific business challenges
- Manage a daily working relationship with People Analytics Consultants. Learn their business needs and proactively propose technical solutions to their business problems using knowledge of best-in-class models
- Present key findings, insights and recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Build partnership and work closely with IT and Enterprise Data, Analytics & Insights (EDAI) teams to enhance data science capabilities and drive innovation across the enterprise
- Leverage the latest trends in advanced analytics and technology to drive innovation and provide recommendations
Additional Job Description
- 5+ years of working with HR data in People Analytics/HR Data Scientist role
- Master’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, or other quantitative field
- Proficiency in data gathering, cleansing, modeling/diagramming and visualization techniques
- Experience applying Machine Learning techniques to understand data and solve business problems
- Experience in building and enhancing workforce planning and attrition forecasting models
- Very good understanding of HR data (talent acquisition, talent development, workforce planning, DEI (diversity, equity, and inclusion), engagement, employee listening, learning and development etc.)
- Proficiency in R or Python
- Proficiency in Business Intelligence/Reporting with experience using Power BI
- Knowledge of data mining algorithms, machine learning and natural language processing (NLP)
- Advanced knowledge of data Integrations with expertise using SQL or KNIME
- Experience architecting and automating data and analytics solutions that can provide insights and recommendations at scale
- Good understanding of statistical process, concepts, and tools (e.g., significance testing, Chi-square, regression, etc.)
- Consulting skills and ability to translate complex technical concepts to stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Highly developed story telling skills with the ability to distill complex subjects to a wider audience
- This position does not require the employee to be on-site full-time to perform most effectively. The Employees role enables them to work off-site on a permanent basicsCompensation:
The compensation information is a good faith estimate only
- The median level range of salary compensation for this role is $102,384-$130,824.
- Bonus Potential: An incentive pay program offers payouts based on company performance, job level, and individual performance.
- Benefits: GM offers a variety of health and wellbeing benefit programs. Benefit options include medical, dental, vision, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Accounts, retirement savings plan, sickness and accident benefits, life insurance, paid vacation & holidays, tuition assistance programs, employee assistance program, GM vehicle discounts and more.
Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
Why Join Us
We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day – individually and collectively – to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.Benefits Overview
The goal of the General Motors total rewards program is to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Our comprehensive compensation plan incudes, the following benefits, in addition to many others:
- Paid time off including vacation days, holidays, and parental leave for mothers, fathers and adoptive parents;
- Healthcare (including a triple tax advantaged health savings account and wellness incentive), dental, vision and life insurance plans to cover you and your family;
- Company and matching contributions to 401K savings plan to help you save for retirement;
- Global recognition program for peers and leaders to recognize and be recognized for results and behaviors that reflect our company values;
- Tuition assistance and student loan refinancing;
- Discount on GM vehicles for you, your family and friends.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities. GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statements
The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us at Careers.Accommodations@GM.com or call us at 800-865-7580. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.