Senior Data Analyst – Logistics
Do you enjoy leading analyses from start to end, uncover growth opportunities, and working directly with business owners to implement improvements? If yes, come lead Best Buy Canada’s digital transformation with the Analytics Center of Excellence.
At Best Buy Canada, we believe empowered people and teams make smarter, faster, and more creative decisions. Our team is specifically tasked to transform data into value: Drive decisions and actions to make our customers happier, and in turn, grow our business. We follow the agile workflow and deliver value in 2 week sprints, so we see results and iterate quickly. You’ll create fast, learn fast, and develop fast. Oh, and sometimes you’ll fail fast too. That’s ok. (Honestly.) It’s all part of innovation.
You’ll work side by side Data Analysts, BI Developers, and E-commerce, Logistics and Technology Leadership. All as one team. Every big or small project will be seen by thousands of Canadian customers in the blink of an eye.
As an Senior Data Analyst embedded in Logistics, you’ll be responsible to help our business teams and partners find opportunities to get millions of packages into the hands of our customers without delay, model forecasts to optimize operations with our distribution centres and carrier partners, find opportunities to improve operational efficiencies, and optimize long-term cost. Ultimately, you’ll unlock the value of big data and help Best Buy’s Last-mile Logistics team scale:
· Provide recommendations on business operations and product roadmap by leading opportunity analyses, problem research, and metrics design.
· Work with last-mile carrier partners and fulfillment partners to optimize delivery performance
· Design and build experiments to measure impact of technology and operational changes that impact millions of customers
· Unlock the value of big data by designing schemas and cloud-based workflows in R and Python with our data engineering teams.
· Communicate key insights and recommendations and results to VPs and Directors
· Educate and evangelize the value of advanced analytics in logistics (automation, optimization, etc.)
What you’ll need to succeed:
· Grit. You’ll need great self-motivation and perseverance as we migrate our data infrastructure to the cloud, create new ETLs to support data science projects that impact millions of dollars in revenue, and establish working processes that are both secure and agile.
· Ability to think critically and deliver results in a fast-paced, changing environment
· Flexibility to work in multiple areas like ETLs, Data modeling & design, writing sophisticated SQL queries, PowerBI dashboarding, etc.
· Experience with end-user accessible modeling (e,g, DBT, LookML)
· Advanced proficiency with SQL and Python
· Openness to receive and give feedback
· 3+ years of relevant experience in analytics, applied statistics, business intelligence, etc.
· 1+ year(s) experience working in an Agile environment; familiarity with JIRA, Confluence
· 2+ years experience working on logistics and last-mile delivery projects
· Experience working with on-premise and cloud data environments
Type of Environment You’ll be Working In…
· Lead by intent at any stage in your career. Every analyst carries the freedom/responsibility to bring innovative ideas/recommendations that challenge the status-quo. Opportunities include working with Product Owners, Directors and VPs the on a regular basis in all levels of seniority.
· Develop domain expertise through embedded culture. Your cross-functional team will trust you as the Analytics Expert while you get to develop your knowledge in a specific business function.
· Grow your analytics toolkit within the Analyst Community. Best Buy has one of the largest analytics team in Vancouver. Embedded analysts come together weekly to share learnings, establish best practices/methodologies/frameworks, innovate through monthly hackathons and take courses together.
· Work with mentors and career coaches to achieve your goals. We believe an amazing work-life harmony includes continual learning and growth… on company time. That’s why everyone in our eCommerce and IT departments has their own coach or mentor
There’s more, too…
· Competitive benefits, including a variety of options for extended health, dental, and life insurance
· Registered Pension Plan where the company matches your contributions, dollar for dollar
· Employee stock purchase plan, with the company matching up to 5% of your eligible contributions
· Significant employee discounts both in-store and online
· Opportunity to participate in regular hackathons and other company-wide events.