Areas of Responsibility
Project Planning and Management
Develop data models and analyze data to forecast business needs and opportunities by carrying out the following:
- Work with business users and stakeholders to identify relevant business problems and opportunities to apply advanced analysis and data science as a means of solving those problems.
- Integrate and prepare large and varied datasets, organizing data to a format that can be easily analyzed and managed.
- Identify what data is available and relevant to the problem, design and develop strategic methods for data collection, integration and retention.
- Communicate and collaborate with subject matter experts to gain in-depth understanding of the meaning of data elements, origins and structures.
- Build and evaluate data models using statistical, algorithmic, mining, visualization, and data wrangling techniques for the purpose of data discovery & analysis.
- Design and conduct experiments to test hypotheses. Validate analyses by comparing appropriate data sets and samples and using scenario modelling and testing.
- Monitor performance of statistical models and decision systems, implement efficiency improvements, and troubleshoots systems as needed.
- Interpret data and extrapolate meaningful insights into business opportunities or needs, and propose recommendations for decision making, development of strategies and action plans
- Present and summarize analytical findings and recommendations to business users and stakeholders in understandable and relevant ways, both verbally and visually.
- Document and publish analyses and with their data, modelling instructions and software code so that others may reproduce and verify the analyses, learn from them and build upon them.
- Make recommendations to automate complex analysis tasks or use technology to expand the utility of a data model or algorithm.
- Advise and communicate implications of the data for processes and decisions to stakeholders, and propose implications for future business opportunities.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate data mining results with existing systems.
- Educate the organization on analytical approaches and principles, to drive organizational buy-in for the application of data science and advanced analytics.
Participate in projects for the development, testing, and delivery of analytical solutions in order to achieve workgroup objectives, by carrying out the following:
Minimum Requirements Education:
- Be part of work groups or sub-projects addressing business issues in order to enhance performance in operations.
- Self-sufficiency: carry out assigned project tasks independently or with a work group.
- Participate in the development and delivery of work plans; ensure work progress; identify and report success measures.
- Conduct post-implementation review to measure success in service improvements.
- Prepare and present progress reports to managers and stakeholders
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, MIS, Mathematics, Statistics, or similar discipline. Master’s degree preferred.Experience:
At least two (2) years in relevant quantitative and qualitative research and analytics experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
Required Behavioral Competencies
- Skilled in manipulating large datasets and using databases, code-writing, data modelling, visualization, machine learning algorithms, and programming in one or more leading platforms and statistical languages (e.g. R, Python, SAS, SQL, Informatica, Spotfire).
- Skilled in conducting statistical analysis, scenario analysis, quantitative analytics, predictive analytics, multivariate testing, and optimization algorithms.
- Able to learn new tools and technologies fast.
- Able to plan, prioritize, estimate, and deliver projects on time.
- Able to come up with solutions to loosely defined business problems by leveraging pattern detection over potentially large datasets.
- Able to understand business needs and translate needs into technical specific requirements.
- Able to work in teams and possesses strong communication skills.
- Able to apply knowledge of systems and processes to develop business case and business requirement documents.
- Able to analyze and resolve problems, issues and concerns related to assigned projects.
- Able to effectively express and communicate complex analytical and business concepts.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
- High level of integrity and business ethics
- Ability to work and communicate effectively in a team
- Proactive, self-confident and assertive team player
- Ability to independently solve problems, take lead and apply initiative
- Pragmatic with ability to provide solutions for identified issues
- Open and accepting of the need for change
- Ability to work independently, self-sufficiency.
- Inspirational and can encourage others positively to push initiatives forward
- Professional attitude at all times
- Ability to operate with different cultures on an international level
- Can think out of the box
Willing to assume accountability and responsibility
FedEx was built on a philosophy that puts people first, one we take seriously. We are an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce in which we provide growth opportunities for all
FedEx Express is one of the world's largest express transportation companies and has consistently been selected as one of the top 10 World’s Most Admired Companies by Fortune magazine. Every day FedEx delivers for its customers with transportation and business solutions, serving more than 220 countries and territories around the globe. We can serve this global network due to our outstanding team of FedEx team members, who are tasked with making every FedEx experience outstanding.
The People-Service-Profit philosophy (P-S-P) describes the principles that govern every FedEx decision, policy or activity. FedEx takes care of our people; they, in turn, deliver the impeccable service demanded by our customers, who reward us with the profitability necessary to secure our future. The essential element in making the People-Service-Profit philosophy such a positive force for the company is where we close the circle, and return these profits back into the business, and invest back in our people. Our success in the industry is attributed to our people. Through our P-S-P philosophy, we have a work environment that encourages team members to be innovative in delivering the highest possible quality of service to our customers. We care for their well-being, and value their contributions to the company.
Our culture is important for many reasons, and we intentionally bring it to life through our behaviors, actions and activities in every part of the world. The FedEx culture and values have been a cornerstone of our success and growth since we began in the early 1970’s. While other companies can copy our systems, infrastructure and processes, our culture makes us unique and is often a differentiating factor as we compete and grow in today’s global marketplace.