About The Role
Data science at Brightline is inclusive and we strive to be a team where people with different strengths and backgrounds can thrive. There is no single way to be an excellent data scientist and we work hard to organize in a way that allows people to play to their strengths and do amazing work. Doing amazing work is much easier when we feel safe to talk about things directly. Our team is a safe space to be yourself and take the risks needed to have real impact.
As a Data Scientist working on business and customer analytics you will focus on tools, dashboards, and insights related to the performance of internal & customer portfolios. You will articulate and translate business needs into front-end analytic solutions, and develop the analytics infrastructure to deliver automated reporting at scale. You will identify important trends in the data, uncover root causes, and propose solutions. You will communicate Brightline’s value story to internal business partners and customers, and help our stakeholders better understand the data. This role not only helps Brightline as a business but it enables us to have the impact on the world that we want to have.Why You Are Excited About Us:
As an early Data Scientist at Brightline, here's what your day-to-day activities might look like:
And here are the kinds of projects you might work on in your first few months:
- You will own and drive the full life cycle of analytics development from requirements gathering through data transformation, coding, and report/dashboard creation.
- Create informative, concise, and aesthetic front-end tools and dashboards.
- Partner closely with customer success managers, product managers, data engineers, and other data scientists to understand data requirements and develop solutions that enable effective decision-making.
- Analyze and interpret data. Use your business acumen to identify opportunities and predict what your stakeholders will want to know next.
- Build and maintain production data models that are used across the business (e.g. using dbt). Collaborate with other data scientists on code reviews to maintain high-quality data.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal business partners throughout reporting cycles.
Why We Are Excited About You
- Develop the infrastructure to automate and deliver analytics and reporting to customers.
- Develop dashboards that highlight the most important customer success metrics.
- Identify and explain important trends in internal and customer portfolios.
- Visualize and communicate OKRs or other company metrics for the Brightline executive team. Deep-dive into new trends and deliver insights.
- Assist with ad-hoc analyses in other subject areas.
Bonus points for experience with:
- You are excited by the opportunity to own and develop an entire portfolio of business and customer analytics.
- You have strong analytic skills and experience with problem framing, metric design, and metric implementation.
- You are excited about solving business problems and unlocking opportunities to create value for customers and members.
- You are highly proficient in dashboard creation with modern BI tools like PowerBI, Tableau, Looker or similar; and possess broad knowledge of effective data visualization approaches.
- You have expert coding experience for analytics use-cases in SQL, and have a solid foundation of statistical theory and methods.
- You are familiar with best practices of modern analytics engineering.
- You are comfortable creating scheduled analytics jobs that process data and take actions based on that data (like making API calls to Slack, Google Drive, etc).
- You have a testing mindset and you’re skilled with data model creation.
- You possess superior communication skills and can collaborate with various stakeholders.
- You have experience working in environments with strict business cycle reporting requirements.
- Experience delivering at scale with Snowflake and analytics products such as DBT, Python, R, Julia, and/or Scala.
- Advanced experience with report automation; orchestration and workflow tools.
- Familiarity with Github and the analytics peer-review process.
- Proficient with causal inference & machine learning methods.
- Proficient in time-series and forecasting methods
- Medical + Dental + Vision + Disability + Life Insurance
- 14 Paid Holidays + Flexible PTO + Sick Days + Parental Leave
- Learning and Development Reimbursement
- Health and Wellness Stipend
- Home Office Reimbursement
- Remote, community-focused culture
- Company wide meditations
- Group workouts hosted by Brightline employees!
- Company Offsites
Our Commitment to Building a Diverse, Equitable, and Inclusive Workforce
- At Brightline we have built a total rewards philosophy that includes fair, equitable, competitive, geo-based compensation that is performance and potential based. Our strategy is based on robust market research, including external advisory specializing in national compensation, and thoughtful input from every level of our organization. It is a combination of a cash salary, equity, benefits, wellbeing, and opportunity. In compliance with the Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the annual base salary range for applicants is $110,000-$172,000.
At Brightline, we believe that Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging are essential to the foundation that we build our mission upon. We are compelled to build a future where all families can access inclusive, high-quality care. We are committed to creating an environment that encourages our employees to show up authentically, reach their highest potential, and have an equal opportunity to thrive. We are committed to systematically evaluating and improving our inherent beliefs, observed behaviors, structures, and systems. We are committed to ensuring that every employee, candidate, client, and family we serve is valued and respected.About Brightline
Brightline is on a mission to build a bright future for every child. We’re convening a team of leading clinicians, technologists, business leaders, and creative thinkers to completely transform what behavioral health care looks like. Together, we’re building exceptional technology and real-world care to bring families a warm, supportive, and goal-oriented experience of care that will help them thrive.
Founded in 2019, Brightline is the leading comprehensive behavioral health platform for families, backed by $215M
in funding from leading investors, including Oak HC/FT and Threshold Ventures. As we grow quickly across the country, we’re looking for exceptional team members who, like us, are eager to transform behavioral health in this country and change lives.