Join us as a Senior Data Analyst
- Support a new challenge in Corporate Provisions and help us develop and run the production and analysis on granular operational loss calculations across Wholesale Banking
- You'll be providing support in the delivery of IFRS9 loss reporting requirements, assisting in the delivery of all outcomes in relation to Corporate impairments and wholesale credit risk exposure
- This is an opportunity to showcase your analytical skills in a challenging role with excellent development potential
What you'll do
As a Senior Data Analyst, you’ll assist in supporting and developing granular impairment loss calculations, financial value and operational volumes, across all our wholesale products. You’ll be helping to develop and produce product specific calculations and provide insight on and explain variances to actual performance to management and key stakeholders. Furthermore, you'll be identifying and implementing solutions to evolve and enhance wholesale IFRS9 approaches and processes.
You’ll also be:
- Providing support to any solutions and enhancements identified to the make the wholesale IFRS9 methodology more effective and efficient
- Supporting the delivery of the team's objectives and goals, including analysis and investigations
- Ensuring compliance with bank-wide loss impairment policies including compliance with formal governance requirements
- Challenging accepted practice and driving change to ensure continuous improvements and capability enhancements to existing processes and controls
- Helping to maintain a strong control structure to meet internal and external audit requirements
- Building relationships and providing great customer support to key stakeholders
The skills you'll need
We’re looking for someone highly numerate ideally with an associated academic qualification, coupled with a track record in a risk or finance environment.
You’ll also need:
- Experience of data analytics, ideally including credit risk management metrics and performance
- Coding skills like SAS or Python are highly preferable
- Good stakeholder management and communication skills with experience of engaging and influencing colleagues
- Knowledge of risk management control frameworks, preferably Sarbanes-Oxley control processes appropriate to credit risk management
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you’re eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we’ll do everything we can to help.