At Booking.com, data drives our decisions. Technology is at our core. And innovation is everywhere. But our company is more than datasets, lines of code or A/B tests. We’re the thrill of the first night in a new place. The excitement of the next morning. The friends you make. The journeys you take. The sights you see. And the food you sample. Through our products, partners and people, we make it easier for everyone to experience the world.
With over 1.6 million room nights booked every day, accommodation represents the largest share of our business to date. Our mission is to deliver the best customer experience and the most varied selection of properties.
At Booking.com we combine the best traits of a start-up with the resources of planet Earth’s #1 accommodation website. We are working towards creating the ultimate travel experience, building and improving great products for both travelers and the accommodation partners.
About The Company
It wasn’t so long ago that booking a trip to see the Eiffel Tower, stroll down New York’s iconic Madison Avenue or feel the sand between our toes on Copacabana Beach was simply a matter of a few taps on our smartphone.
In fact, that’s what we do at Booking.com. We make it easier for everyone to experience the world. And while that world might feel a little farther away right now, we’re busy preparing for when the world is ready to travel once more.
Across our offices worldwide, we continue to innovate. To solve for some of the most complex challenges in travel and technology, and to plan for the exciting developments that lie ahead. With strategic long-term investments into what we believe the future of travel can be, we are opening up new career opportunities that will have a strong impact on our mission.
We are united in the belief that our very human desire to explore the planet’s beauty and discover more about other people and cultures will endure. The world is waiting for us. Together, we will be ready.
Calling all demonstrative data wranglers, superlative storytellers, visualization visionaries, and movers and shakers. In Fintech at Booking we love to travel and we want to share that passion by providing the best possible flexibility and payments products to our customers and hotel partners.
We are looking for a Senior Data Analyst focused specifically in the Partner (Hotels, flights, etc) Fintech business. The role requires someone who wakes up everyday excited to uncover new business opportunities for growth from our data.
Teaming up with product Managers, fellow analysts, data engineers, and more, you will be directly involved in enabling business improvements through your own insights/observations, and being an influencer on product and business decisions.
You’ll be part of a supportive analytics team where you’ll help us understand the payment performance, partner behavior and preferences, risk characteristics for fintech flexibility products etc. on multiple products & platforms ensuring the decisions we make are data driven and relentlessly improve the experience our business partners have.
- Team up with Product Managers to generate analysis and reporting suites to measure product performance and identify opportunities to drive business decisions
- Perform exploratory analysis that interrogates, supports and challenges business assumptions
- Work with data engineers to identify opportunities to improve measurement of product performance
- Automating processes to efficiently manage reporting requirements, and ensure timeliness of information
- Support team on ad hoc analytical requests
- Able to communicate technical information and tell the story through data to a non-technical audience
- Experience of statistical hypothesis testing
- Strong experience of leveraging insights and wrangling data from disparate data sources
- Demonstrates strong ownership, stakeholder management and prioritisation skills.
- Strong technical skills in SQL and either of Pyspark, Python, or R
- Experience using either Tableau or Power BI
- Able to balance the need for accuracy and efficiency
Nice to have:
- Experience of working in / for an ecommerce organisation
- Cross-device analytical experience (Mobile / Desktop / Tablet / App)
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods and data / web analysis software
- Power BI / Tableau
- Living and working in Amsterdam, one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe once the offices are open.
- Contributing to a high scale, complex, world renowned product and seeing real-time impact of your work on millions of travellers worldwide
- Working in a fast-paced and performance driven culture
- Opportunity to utilize technical expertise, leadership capabilities and entrepreneurial spirit
- Promote and drive impactful and innovative engineering solutions
- Technical, behavioural and interpersonal competence advancement via on-the-job opportunities, experimental projects, hackathons, conferences and active community participation
- Competitive compensation and benefits package and some great added perks of working in the home city of Booking.com
Booking.com is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We strive to move well beyond traditional equal opportunity and work to create an environment that allows everyone to thrive.
If your application is successful, your personal data may be used for a pre-employment screening check by a third party as permitted by applicable law. Depending on the vacancy and applicable law, a pre-employment screening may include employment history, education and other information (such as media information) that may be necessary for determining your qualifications and suitability for the open position at Booking.com.