The DNC Coordinated Campaign is seeking a States Data Engineer. States Data Engineers are highly motivated, passionate and talented, and will support our work within the states and optimize our voter outreach efforts in support of the Democrats across the country. They will assist with targeting, reporting, tracking, and other states-specific data needs.
We are looking for folks with a variety of backgrounds and experience, and are dedicated to building a team that looks like America.
- Help set up pipelines for efficient data collection, tracking, reporting and analysis of data collected from various platforms utilized by the Organizing, Digital & Voter Protection teams
- Work with the Analytics Engineering team to help ensure database reliability, and performance
- Assist analysts in code optimization & query performance
- Work with a cohesive team to execute projects with accuracy, attention to detail, and timeliness
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- 1-2+ years of experience using SQL. Python experience preferred
- Experience with common tools, datasets and apps used in progressive spaces - VAN, Voter File, Mobilize, peer-to-peer texting apps, dialer platforms
- One previous cycle of campaign experience or equivalent political experience in a technical role
- A track record of prioritizing projects with the ability to be self-directed
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- A desire to thrive in a fast-paced work environment and implement creative solutions to unique problems
The Democratic National Committee (DNC), is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to supporters and constituents. The DNC is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or disability, or any other legally protected basis. The DNC is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities in the hiring process and on the job, as required by applicable law. The DNC will not tolerate any unlawful discrimination and any such conduct is strictly prohibited.