As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development. Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- As a Data Scientist at IBM, you will help transform our clients’ data into tangible business value by analyzing information, communicating outcomes and collaborating on product development.
- Work with Best in Class open source and visual tools, along with the most flexible and scalable deployment options. Whether it’s investigating patient trends or weather patterns, you will work to solve real world problems for the industries transforming how we live.
- Responsible for successful delivery of data science solutions and services in a client consulting environment; experience in predictive modeling, optimization, and/or machine learning analytics techniques using tools/programming languages including SPSS, SAS, R, Python, Spark, etc. within a Hadoop-enabled environment.
- Define key business problems to be solved; formulate mathematical approaches and gather data to solve those problems, develop, analyze/draw conclusions, test solutions and present to client. Enhance performance by applying advanced mathematical modeling, data analytics, optimization, and machine learning techniques.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Minimum of 8+years of related experience required
- Must have hands on experience on multiple cloud-based solutions like Red HAT, Azure, AWS and IBM Cloud for data storage, database connections and using technical architecture for end to end analytics
- Expertise in Deep data and analytics
- Time series analysis and forecasting
- Statistical modelling skills (significance testing, conditional probability)
- Linear Programming/ Optimization Techniques
- Agent based modeling and simulation
- Conversational Skills for ChatBots
- Knowledge of Agent Development Frameworks (e.g. SPADE, JADE, etc),
- Knowledge Graphs and Ontologies.
- Demonstrated proficiency in multiple programming languages with a strong foundation in a statistical platform such as Python, Java, or MATLAB
- SQL coding experience, Strong Python 3.5 skills.
- Experience in using containerized workloads and services such as Kubernetes, Docker, etc.
- Data integration processes such as Kettle
- Experience building AI models (ML, NLP, Neural Networks).
- Strong business acumen to solve client problems by understanding, preparing, and analyzing data to predict emerging trends and provide recommendations to optimize business results.
Preferred Technical And Professional Expertise
- Proficient in English, Good collaboration skills for interacting with clients
- Ability to manage and make decisions about competing priorities and resources.
- Ability to delegate where appropriate.
- Must be a strong team player/leader.
- Ability to lead Data Science projects with multiple junior data analysts
- Strong oral written and interpersonal skills for interacting and throughout all levels of the organization.
- Ability to clearly communicate complex business problems and technical solutions.
About Business Unit
IBM Consulting is IBM’s consulting and global professional services business, with market leading capabilities in business and technology transformation. With deep expertise in many industries, we offer strategy, experience, technology, and operations services to many of the most innovative and valuable companies in the world. Our people are focused on accelerating our clients’ businesses through the power of collaboration. We believe in the power of technology responsibly used to help people, partners and the planet.
This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date and proof of vaccination status will be required before your start date. During the Onboarding process you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status, in case you are unable to get vaccinated for any reason, you can let us know at that stage. Please let us know if you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical or religious reasons. IBM will consider such requests on a case by case basis subject to submission of required proof by the candidate before a stipulated date.
Your Life @ IBM
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It's time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.