Excel Impact, named one of the nation’s fastest growing companies 3-years running, has a brand new full-time, fully remote, direct-hire QlikSense Data Engineer opening!
You can be a part of our industry-leading team, who are working to simplify and transform how people navigate the insurance buying process.
Data is at the core of our business, making the Data Analyst a key role at the center of it all. You will bring your data analytics knowledge and expertise to help shape the company's success. You will help us transform our massive data collection to bring powerful insights into our business operations.
PLEASE NOTE: The primary responsibilities of this role is to build and manage reports and analytics using Qlik Sense. Please only apply if you have extensive Qlik Sense experience. Experience with other BI Analytic tools are useful.
We place a high value on creating a talented team, and because of that, we make sure to offer competitive compensation, flexible work hours, generous time-off policy, and an environment of results-oriented self-sufficiency.
Excel Impact was founded to solve two key issues:
- Purchasing insurance is too confusing for the average person to easily navigate and understand
- The insurance companies can’t efficiently connect with a person searching for a product or solution they offer
The solution? A best-in-class, award-winning marketplace that connects the companies and the solutions they offer with people who are searching for a better insurance experience. Our proprietary ImpactNavigation® platform technology utilizes machine learning, data science, and intelligent-marketing to guide & match interested customers with their best-match insurance solutions.
What will you do?
- The primary responsibilities of this role is to build and manage reports and analytics using Qlik Sense. Please only apply if you have extensive Qlik Sense experience. Experience with other BI Analytic tools are useful.
- Provide overlapping support for ETL/ELT and other data engineering activities, including AWS Glue, Lambda, etc.
- Participate in defining and implementing technical direction for the development of the company's technology
- Collaborate directly our marketing, business development, and finance teams to translate business requirements into useful analytic reports, dashboards, and KPIs
- Help architect and plan for changes and enhancements to the product in a proactive fashion
- Work with a data-centric platform in capturing, transforming, and ingesting large volumes of data from multiple sources
- Drive high quality, low error results by creating automated audit capabilities with alerts
- Work with our cloud-based platform in AWS, manipulating data through multiple AWS-provided services, such as Kinesis, Redshift, RDS, SQS, SNS, etc
What Do We Look For?
- Strong inclination for creativity and building innovative technology
- Strong desire to fearlessly explore, but strong focus for targeted implementation
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, computer science, or a quantitative discipline such as mathematics, engineering, operations research, economics or finance.
- Minimum of 3 year of data analytics experience, including ETL, database analysis, reporting, and data mining
- Strong knowledge of multiple database engines (MySQL/MariaDB, Redshift, DynamoDB, Redis, etc)
- Experience with Qlik SaaS, QlikSense, and Qlik alerts
- Experience with AWS Glue and Lambda with python is a huge plus
- Experience with PHI, PII, and SOC compliance guidelines and controls
What do we offer you?
- Competitive base salary
- Health care, dental & vision benefits
- Sizable yearly bonus structure
- Over 1-month cumulative time-off with vacation and personal days
- Work-from-home and flex-schedule options to aid in work/life balance
- A form of equity that can provide substantial monetary payouts based on future events
- Incredible growth and upward mobility opportunities
- The opportunity to apply state-of-the-art technologies to solve interesting and challenging problems
- Family-friendly work environment - the work stays in the office. Work/Life balance is taken seriously.
- Work directly with multiple areas of the company to innovate, create, and make an impact in what you do.
- Laid-back, results-driven environment.
- You are the ‘CEO’ of your own position – you are encouraged and trusted to make decisions in your area of expertise.
Excel Impact was founded on 2013 by three partners looking to change the world of insurance for the better. Through hard-work, an incredible team, and smart execution, we’ve experienced consistent 3-year growth rates between 450% - 11,369%, and have been recognized multiple times one of the fastest growing companies in the United States by INC 500, Deloitte Fast 500, Ernst & Young, among other organizations. We have over 1 million active users on our sites per month, and we are committed to delivering excellent software solutions for our internal team as well as top converting leads to our business partners.
If you are interested in this opportunity, have a desire to be a part of something BIG while sharpening your skills with the latest and greatest tech, and you’re ready to join one of the fastest-growing companies in the United States – then we look forward to hearing from YOU!