We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our newly created Data & Intelligence team in the NaphCare Foundation. The data scientist will join a team of engineers and product owners to deliver innovative, automated, and technologically advanced healthcare solutions through the integration of predictive models and analytical insight.
As a Data Scientist at the NaphCare Foundation you will get to work with advanced hardware, software, and techniques to develop computational algorithms and statistical methods that find patterns and relationships in large volumes of healthcare data.
The core contributions of the Data Scientist will consist of collaborating with a multi-disciplinary team, defining experimentation setups, researching data driven solutions to the problems identified, providing technical mentorship to other team members and communicating results to stakeholders.
- Serve as a technical and leadership mentor to the team. Encourage and set the example for collaboration across functional areas and disciplines.
- Design and implement metrics, pipelines and tools that will enable engineers to achieve their data insights.
- Make strategic recommendations on data collection, integration and retention incorporating business requirements and knowledge of best practices.
- Keep up to date on related technologies and frameworks, and propose new ones that the team could leverage.
- Work with large, complex data sets. Solve difficult, non-routine analysis problems, applying advanced analytical methods as needed. Conduct analysis that includes data gathering and requirements specification, processing, analysis, ongoing deliverables, and presentations.
- Summarize and clearly communicate data analysis assumptions and results
- Identify shifts, determine new ways of looking at data, and creatively drive improvements in products.
- Build and prototype analysis pipelines to iteratively test hypothesis.
- Interact cross-functionally, making business recommendations to stakeholders.
- Proven excellence in leading and contributing to Data Science projects in a commercial setting.
- Proven track record of pushing state of the art in the data science / machine learning space.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and the fortitude to accomplish your goals.
- Experience in leading discovery with stakeholders to identify requirements and the expected outcomes.
- Capability to educate the organization both from technical and the business perspectives on new approaches, such as testing hypotheses and statistical validation of results.
- Proven experience providing technical mentorship to junior team members.
- Demonstrate the following scientist qualities: clarity, accuracy, precision, relevance, depth, breadth, logic, significance, fairness and aptitude for original research
- Comfortable working in a team environment using Agile methodologies
- Expert level in machine learning architecture and model development.
- Up to date knowledge on PyTorch and packages in its ecosystem (3+ years)
- Strong working knowledge of statistical frameworks (Pandas, NumPy/SciPy, scikit-learn) (5+ years)
- Strong working knowledge of machine learning frameworks (PyTorch, TensorFlow) (5+ years)
- Mastery in at least one high-level programming language such as Python or Scala (7+ years)
- Experience with large data systems and distributed computing, such as Hadoop
- Experience with common data science toolkits, such as R, pandas, dplyr, NumPy, etc
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as GGplot, etc
- Knowledge of and/or experience in bayesian methods and probabilistic models
- Mastery in building queries including SQL and Hive
- Experience monitoring the full life cycle of models
- Experience with human-in-the-loop machine learning solutions
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with ETL pipelines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills to help refine problem statements and figure out how to solve them with the available data
- Curious and driven to solve complex problems
- Smart but humble, action oriented
- Experience with distributed processing relevant technologies like Kafka and Hadoop
- Experience crafting visualization tools
- Medical Industry experience
Ph.D. in the fields of Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Statistics, Machine Learning, or other quantitative fields
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/veteran
Outstanding Benefits Package:
NaphCare offers competitive benefits, including health, prescription, dental, Employment Assistance Program (EAP) services, vision and 401(k). NaphCare offers term life insurance at no cost to the employee and provides PTO, paid holidays and an array of voluntary benefits. Employees enrolled in our health insurance program receive prescriptions free of charge when filled at our in-house pharmacy or mail order program.
At NaphCare, we believe in innovating to improve lives. We partner with local, state and federal government agencies to provide innovative healthcare, technology and administrative solutions for complex problems within the correctional and justice systems. Our success has always been due to our people and our commitment to treating every patient with dignity. We are mission-driven with a singular aim of improving lives through caring health care solutions provided in an environment of respect . United by this belief, we work as a team to improve each and every life we touch. Join our team of compassionate trailblazers who are dedicated to making a difference.