The base salary range for this position in the selected city is $144,000 - $312,000 annually.
Compensation may vary outside of this range depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies and experience, and location. Base pay is one part of the Total Package that is provided to compensate and recognize employees for their work, and this role may be eligible for additional discretionary bonuses/incentives, and restricted stock units.
At ByteDance/TikTok our benefits are designed to convey company culture and values, to create an efficient and inspiring work environment, and to support ByteDancers to give their best in both work and life. We offer the following benefits to eligible employees:
We cover 100% premium coverage for employee medical insurance, 80% premium coverage for dependents and offer a Health Savings Account(HSA) with a company match. As well as Dental, Vision, Short/Long term Disability, Basic Life, Voluntary Life and AD&D insurance plans. In addition to Flexible Spending Account(FSA) Options like Health Care, Limited Purpose and Dependent Care.
Our time off and leave plans are: 10 paid holidays per year plus 17 days of Paid Personal Time Off(PPTO) (prorated upon hire and increased by tenure) and 10 paid sick days per year as well as 12 weeks of paid Parental leave and 8 weeks of paid Supplemental Disability.
We also provide generous benefits like mental and emotional health benefits through our EAP and Lyra. A 401K company match, gym and cell phone service reimbursements. The Company reserves the right to modify or change these benefits programs at any time, with or without notice.
TikTok is the leading destination for short-form mobile video. We have several global offices including Los Angeles, New York, Austin, London, Paris, Berlin, Dubai, Singapore, Jakarta, Seoul, and Tokyo.
At TikTok, our people are humble, intelligent, compassionate and creative. We create to inspire - for you, for us, and for more than 1 billion users on our platform. We lead with curiosity and aim for the highest, never shying away from taking calculated risks and embracing ambiguity as it comes. Here, the opportunities are limitless for those who dare to pursue bold ideas that exist just beyond the boundary of possibility. Join us and make impact happen with a career at TikTok.
About the team
The success of TikTok's data business model hinges on the supply of a large volume of high quality labeled data that will grow exponentially as our business scales up. However, the current cost of data labeling is excessively high. The Data Solutions team is built to understand data strategically at scale for all Global Business Solution (GBS) business needs. Data Solutions Team uses quantitative and qualitative data to guide and uncover insights, turning our findings into real products to power exponential growth. Data Solutions Team responsibility includes infrastructure construction, recognition capabilities management, global labeling delivery management.
- Lead technical research on bridging the understanding between human and machine learning.
- Build the library of elementary concepts that serve as factors to form content
- Interpretation of natural signals (image, audio, text, video) into structured computational signals for ML models to process like the human brain
- Identify patterns that indicate intentions, and verify them with experiments
- Incorporate a variety of statistical and machine learning techniques - such as logistic regression, clustering, mixed modeling, decision trees and neural networks - on multi-modal datasets
- Understand underlying data sources and their limitations. Create innovative approaches to answer pressing questions, prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve issues, drive the scaling of automated processes and deliver significant measurable impact
- Communicate with machine learning engineers and product partners to understand business needs and provide analytical solutions
- Act as an analytics translator, communicating complex data insights through exploratory analysis and research to discover potential bottlenecks to suggest improvement and workflow of internal teams
- Advanced degree in social, behavioral, human-centric interaction or cognitive sciences (Linguistics, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology) or other research-oriented disciplines within Humanities. Experience in quantitative fields (Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related fields) is a plus, Ph.D. is a plus.
- Proven experience working with large datasets and relational databases (Hive, SQL)
- 3-7 years of hands-on behavioral/ cognitive research experience in a business environment
- Experience in statistics and experimental design and data mining techniques (k-means clustering, regression, decision trees, clustering, neural networks, etc.)
- Experience in programming computational and statistical algorithms for large data sets.
- Proficiency in Python packages such as pandas, seaborn, scikit-learn, dplyr or nltk
- Distinctive communications skills and ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy-to-understand way to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Intellectual curiosity, along with excellent problem-solving and quantitative skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
TikTok is committed to creating an inclusive space where employees are valued for their skills, experiences, and unique perspectives. Our platform connects people from across the globe and so does our workplace. At TikTok, our mission is to inspire creativity and bring joy. To achieve that goal, we are committed to celebrating our diverse voices and to creating an environment that reflects the many communities we reach. We are passionate about this and hope you are too.
TikTok is committed to providing reasonable accommodations during our recruitment process. If you need assistance or accommodation, please reach out to us at USRC@tiktok.com