As the data engineer/ modeler, you will be responsible for sourcing, loading, and transforming a wide range of data across the business to be used by analysts and developers to develop data solutions.
Ideal candidates will have:
- National Diploma in an Information Technology related discipline or Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or any other quantitative field
- 5+ experience as a Data Engineer in a BI environment
- Ability to comply with and manage data assets under a strict governance framework
- Excellent SQL skills and development using SQL and procedural extensions is required.
- Experience in ETL and data modeling toolsets (e.g. SAP Hana or SAP Data Services) is required
- Strong Data Engineering background with a specific focus on staging high-quality data
- A solid background in SQL, Information Architecture, and ETL procedures is required
- Experience in Database design and technologies (e.g. SAP Hana, Cloudera, or similar) or Hadoop components including HDFS, Hive, Spark, Oozie, and Impala preferred and highly advantageous.
- Experience with object-oriented/functional/scripting languages (e.g. Python, R, Unix Shell scripting, Java, Scala, etc.) is preferred but not essential.
- Understanding of data warehousing principles (e.g. Kimball and Vault) desired.
- Experience in Agile development mythologies desired
- Experience with Power BI functionality desired