Skill: Data Engineer
Role: T1, T2
Are you that person who finds satisfaction—and maybe even joy- in learning the detailed steps of a process and discovering ways to automate it? Here at Virtusa, we have some very unique opportunities for you to shine!
In QA Automation, you will provide leadership with the design, development, implementation and maintenance of automated infrastructure (scripts, functions, programs, and processes) to increase the efficiency of testing processes. Critical responsibilities include:
- Build solutions that ingest data from source systems into our big data platform, where the data is transformed, intelligently curated and made available for consumption by downstream operational and analytical processes
- Create high quality code that is able to effectively process large volumes of data at scale
- Put efficiency and innovation at the heart of the design process to create design blueprints (patterns) that can be re-used by other teams delivering similar types of work
- Should acquire data, work on data sets
- Build and tweak data systems and pipelines as per requirement
- Use modern engineering techniques such as DevOps, automation and Agile to deliver big data applications efficiently
- Produce code that is in-line with team, industry and group best practice using a wide array of engineering tools such as GHE (GitHub Enterprise), Jenkins, Urbancode, Cucumber, Xray etc
- Work as part of an Agile team, taking part in relevant ceremonies and always helping to drive a culture of continuous improvement
- Work across the full software delivery lifecycle from requirements gathering/definition through to design, estimation, development, testing and deployment ensuring solutions are of a high quality and non-functional requirements are fully considered
- Consider platform resource requirements throughout the development lifecycle with a view to minimising resource consumption
- Once Cloud is proven within the bank, help to successfully transition on-prem applications and working practices to Azure/GCP
- Prior experience doing technical development on big data systems (large scale Hadoop, Spark, Beam, Flume or similar data processing paradigms), and associated data transformation and ETL experience.
- Coding experience in Scala, Spark or a bit on Python
- Hive, Pig, Sqoop and knowledge of Data transfer technologies such as NiFi, good to have Kafka knowledge and understanding
- Azure or GCP Cloud expertise is a plus
- Passionate about data and technology
- Excellent people and communication skills, able to communicate with technical and non-technical colleagues alike
- Good team player with a strong team ethos
Teamwork, quality of life, professional and personal development: values that Virtusa is proud to embody. When you join us, you join a team of 30,000 people globally that cares about your growth — one that seeks to provide you with exciting projects, opportunities and work with state of the art technologies throughout your career with us.
Great minds, great potential: it all comes together at Virtusa. We value collaboration and the team environment of our company, and seek to provide great minds with a dynamic place to nurture new ideas and foster excellence.
Virtusa was founded on principles of equal opportunity for all, and so does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Learn more at www.virtusa.com.