Role Data Engineer
Job type Permanent
The role will report into the project manager/ team lead in the Singapore regional development centre. The Data Engineer’s role is to create BI solutions that impart insights by telling visual stories to users. This is a hands-on development position mainly using Microsoft Azure data engineering skills.The engineer will work with end users and the data team to
- define the requirements for the data & analytics projects
- establish data ingestions & pipelines to enable insights
- Creation of Data Models to enable self-service analytics.
During periods of heavy development, engineer will work with external consultants for development as needed.Key Results
- Compliance with industry best practice software and company technical architecture standards
- Stable & sustainable automated data pipeline and infrastructure.
- Deploy solutions using the System Data Lake platform.
- Design & maintain Data & Analytics product offerings to ensure continuous supply of superior insights
- Identifying relevant data to be gathered and implementing a solution to do so, including knowledge of where to get the data, how to extract it in the right format, and how to augment the data to support data science/analysis requirements.
- Able to build a robust, fault-tolerant data pipeline that cleans, transforms, and aggregates un-organized and messy data into databases or data sources using MS Azure Tech stack. Able to ensure that data flows smoothly from source to destination so that it can be processed.
- Apply and improve application development environment standards (including solution delivery methods/tools/technology) in order to enable consistent, reusable, and efficient full-lifecycle practices.
- Manage or participate in cross-functional teams to promote technology strategies, analyze and test products, perform proofs-of-concept, and pilot new technologies and/or methods.
- Establish and document standards, guidelines, and best practices for teams utilizing the solutions.
- Review vendor solution designs to ensure informational and technical appropriateness, standards compliance, and platform alignment.
- Keep current on industry best practices and products that can be leveraged to support the company’s business objectives.
- Help to communicate and evangelize concepts and methods including open source, cloud, agile, and dev/ops throughout the organization.
- Represent the BI team in strategy reviews, leadership briefings, and cross-organization events.
Interested applicants are welcome to apply directly or email your cvs to Ms Roopinder (EA 18S9081 / R1872236) on email@example.com
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Management Information Systems, Data Science, or related field.
- 3+ years of experience building BI/Analytics solutions.
- 1+ years of experience with cloud-based architectures
- Experience developing enterprise-class solutions
- Good written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Ability to work with geographically diverse teams via collaborative technologies.
- Expert level skill in SQL
- Skill in Shell Scripting, and/or Python will be advantageous
- Working knowledge or experience in one, or more, Big Data Technologies such as (Azure SQL DW, BigQuery, Cloudera, CosmosDB, Hortonworks, Hive, HBase, Kafka, Pivotal, Redshift, Spark). Strong preference for Azure experience.
- Working knowledge or experience in Dev/Ops
Please note that applicants need to be currently in Singapore to be considered at this time and that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.