This is a remote position.
Ad Hoc is a digital services company that helps the federal government better serve people. Our team of experts from across the commercial industry and government brings the modern skills necessary to help agencies transform public services into digital services. Our work enables agencies to meet the needs of their users while closing the gap between consumer expectations and government.
The Data Analyst develops and implements a set of techniques or analytics applications to transform raw data into meaningful information using data-oriented programming languages and visualization software. They extract and analyze information from large structured and unstructured datasets and work closely with stakeholders to provide relevant data science.
- 3 years of previous or relevant experience REQUIRED
- Our Federal contracts require that you be a U.S. Citizen to be eligible for employment.
- All work must be conducted within the U.S.
- As a government contractor, all hires may be required to meet additional pre-employment contingencies to the extent required by applicable law, at the time of hire or any time thereafter
The Data Analyst is responsible for (Essential Functions):
- Demonstrates experience in gathering information from end users and project stakeholders, identifying (and validating existing) requirements, and translating these into relevant data analysis and reporting
- Collaborates with a multidisciplinary team of product owners, engineers, designers and researchers, and adapts communication style to the audience
- Visualizes, interprets, and reports data findings via dashboards, reports, and charts
- Demonstrates understanding of the design and UX implications of different data visualizations, including best practices for reports/dashboards and charts
- Analyzes, manipulates, or processes large sets of data using statistical software languages such as R or Python
- Applies sampling techniques to determine groups to be surveyed or uses complete enumeration methods
- Cleans and manipulates raw data using SQL, R or Python
- Compares models using statistical performance metrics, such as loss functions or proportion of explained variance
- Effectively communicates complex technical and business issues for a wide range of audiences
- Demonstrates an ability to evaluate metrics for purposes of informing intended goals and outcomes
- Company-subsidized Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Vanguard 401K Plan
- Unlimited Vacation
- Continuing Education/Annual Conference Attendance Stipend
Ad Hoc LLC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, pregnancy, disability, work-related injury, covered veteran status, political ideology, marital status, or any other factor that the law protects from employment discrimination.