As a Lead Analytics Data Engineer (Remote) - Data Science & Risk, you will support our data scientists and risk team by building stable data pipelines. You will form part of the analytics engineering organization responsible for enabling innovation through data exploration.
This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the US or from one of our office locations in Draper, UT or Glendale, AZ.
You will be at the forefront of this rapidly evolving field and working closely with other specialists in the data & analytics space (Data Analysts, Data Scientists, and DataOps Engineers). Most importantly, you’ll be part of a team that forms the backbone of a fast-growing company at the forefront of an exciting, growing industry.
- Proactively collaborate with Data Science & Risk Analysis teams to drive business value
- Enable our data analysts and scientists to perform data exploration activities with autonomy
- Champion improvements to the data storage platform with the wider analytics engineering team (actively migrating from SQL Server to a combination of Databricks’ DeltaLake & Snowflake on Azure)
- Contribute ways to improve our data pipeline frameworks (legacy SQL Server stored procedures migrating to a combination of Python, Airflow, DBT, Spark, and Snowflake code)
- Help mentor peers and provide technical leadership in the analytic data engineering discipline
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, etc.)
- 5+ years of professional experience in software engineering and/or DevOps
- 1+ years of hands-on experience in cloud environments such as Azure
- Expertise in build and deployment automation tools such as Jenkins, Docker, and Terraform
- Generalized understanding of systems and technical architectures (including networking, compute, and storage)
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERTISE
- Work in a self-directed but not isolated manner
- Passionate about reliability, experimentation, and continuous delivery
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Compensation; Eligible for STI + LTI
- Full Health Benefits; Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance + Paid Parental Leave
- Company Matched 401k
- Paid Time Off + Paid Holidays + Paid Volunteer Hours
- Diversity Alliance Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Charitable Gift Matching
- Job required equipment and services
WHO WE ARE
Progressive Leasing (NYSE: PRG) is the largest and longest-tenured virtual lease-to-own provider in the United States. The Company’s mission is to provide simple and affordable purchase options for credit challenged consumers. Over the last 20+ years, Progressive Leasing’s alternative lease-purchase options have helped millions of customers with less than perfect credit acquire needed items with ease. Progressive partners with 30,000 retail stores, helping to drive increased revenue and improve customer satisfaction. Learn more at ProgLeasing.com.
Progressive Leasing welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace. We do not discriminate in any aspect of employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local employment discrimination laws where Progressive Leasing does business.