Be safe from Coronavirus:
With the spread of the new Coronavirus (Covid-19) increasing fast, we prioritize the safety of employees, partners, customers and candidates. Therefore, all of our teams are working from home. In addition, we have also adapted the hiring process for all our opportunities, so you can complete the steps without leaving your home and staying safe.
For this role you'll have the option to work from home based in São Paulo or anywhere else in Brazil - with the possibility of choosing to use our office in São Paulo up to twice a week.
QuintoAndar is a Brazilian technology company that was created to simplify the lives of those looking for a new home. We are changing the real estate market with a pioneering business model in the world. We have a lot of talented people working to ensure that thousands of people around Brazil live better. Our team already has over a thousand people and we have offices in São Paulo and Campinas. Our product is now available in more than 35 Brazilian cities.
About the job
The data engineer has a solid computer science background applied to data engineering challenges.
The main goal of the data engineering team is to identify the company's needs related to data analysis and science in order to build a performant and self-service platform for analytics engineers and data scientists to build their pipelines in a simple way and with abstractions ready for security, quality, profiling, documentation, lineage, among others.
Data Engineer responsabilities at QuintoAndar
- Speaking with stakeholders to understand their primary needs, but also have a holistic view of the problem and propose extensible, scalable, incremental, and on-time solutions;
- Perform PoCs and Benchmarks to understand what is the best tool for a given problem, as well as understand whether we should use something from the market or develop in-house;
- Build and maintain a performant data platform that meets the needs of the company so that other teams, such as analytics engineers and data scientists, can use it in a simple way and with abstractions ready for quality, profiling, security, and other aspects of data engineering.
What we are looking for:
- Understanding of Big Data technologies, solutions, and concepts (Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MapReduce) and multiple scripting and languages (YAML, Python);
- Have strong SQL skills and is comfortable with complex SQL;
- Have proficiency in Python or one major programming language and is passionate about writing clean and supportable code. You may even be a software engineer with a focus or passion for data-driven solutions.
You'll stand out if you:
- Are expert in data pipelines on large scale data sets, using big data technologies like Spark, Trino (formerly PrestoSQL, a.k.a the community version of Presto), Hive, etc;
- Are conceptually familiar with cloud resources from AWS and GCP;
- Have experience with Apache Airflow or other tools for data workflow;
- Have experience with Columnar Storage Solutions (like Amazon Redshift and Apache Parquet);
- Are curious about the rapidly evolving technologies in the data engineering domain and eager to learn and master new tech when it can have a big impact on our team.
- Competitive salary package;
- Meal allowance (ticket refeição and/or ticket alimentação);
- Health plan;
- Dental plan (optional);
- Life insurance;
- Daycare subsidy;
- Subsidy to sports practicing (Gympass).
- Extended maternity and paternity leave;
- Reserved room for breast-feeding;
- Discount on our parking lot;
- Free transfer from Vila Madalena and Fradique Coutinho stations to the office;
- Free bike rack in our parking lot.
Language and location
This job description is written in English because for that position you will need it for communications with coworkers and suppliers who are from worldwide, for tools and internal materials as well. // A descrição desta vaga está escrita em Inglês porque para esta posição é necessário para a comunicação com colegas e fornecedores, que são de diferentes países, além do uso de ferramentas e materiais internos.
Our office is in Sao Paulo, at Vila Madalena, near metro station 'Vila Madalena' and 'Fradique Coutinho'.
Diversity & Inclusion at QuintoAndar
At QuintoAndar, we believe diversity of perspectives and experiences guarantee a differentiated work environment, based on respect and valuing differences. Feel free to declare the information on the registration form. If you are not comfortable answering them, just choose the option I prefer not to respond. This information helps us create an increasingly inclusive environment and it is used only for this purpose, it is confidential, and it will not impact your performance throughout the hiring process
All of our job positions are open to people with or without disabilities. If you are a PWD and have not found any opportunities of your interest, register your resume in our talent pool, by clicking here..
Data Protection Policy
The data entered in the selection process form is confidential and stored in a secure environment. We take appropriate technical and administrative measures to protect your data.