Cash Converters (or Cashies as we like to call ourselves) is proudly homegrown in Australia! From humble beginnings, two brothers opened the doors of our first store in Perth, Western Australia in 1984. Celebrating over 30 years of success in the industry, Cash Converters is now an ASX listed international company in 21 countries with 768 stores (& growing!).
To us here at Cashies, we believe in being passionate & proud, tenacious problem solvers that just get stuff done! We are a down to earth bunch that pride ourselves on helping people (customers and employees alike), to unlock possibilities in a no-nonsense, non-judgmental approach.
About the role
We are looking for a Graduate Data Scientist to join our national data science team based in our Perth CBD headquarters. Reporting to the Data Science Lead, you will be responsible for understanding the business needs, developing, monitoring, and enhancing models and software products, and communicating the results, findings, and recommendations. This role will give the successful applicant the opportunity to work across a range of projects, leveraging the latest tools and technologies, such as Azure Machine Learning Studio and Synapse Analytics.
Your role will include:
- Creating and maintaining machine learning models
- Developing and enhancing reports and dashboards
- Leading analytical conversation with business and performing analysis and presenting results
- Continuous monitoring and refinement of methodology, modelling, data inputs and assumptions
- Support stakeholders by providing analysis, insights, and recommendations relating to the models, data and products
- Developing POCs to assess business value
- Actively undertaking personal development to ensure up-to-date skills and knowledge
The ideal candidate will have:
- at least tertiary education in data science or relevant fields
- strong understanding of data manipulation, statistics, and machine learning
- strong working knowledge of SQL and Python or R
- excellent written and verbal communication skills
Additional consideration will be given to candidates who complement our culture of innovation:
- Can solve unfamiliar problems
- Can identify novel opportunities and approaches
- Perform well under self-direction or in a team
- Are proactive, ambitious, and want to make an impact.
- Have a record of self-learning and self-improvement
- Welcome the opportunity to present their findings to a decision-making audience
Benefits for you!
At Cash Converters, our greatest asset is our people! We provide a wide range of employee benefits to support and empower our people such as:
- A beautiful brand new office located conveniently in the Perth CBD
- Newly renovated end-of-trip facilities; shower, change room, free towel hire and bike storage facilities
- Positive and supportive workplace environment
- Annual Performance & Salary Reviews
- Annual Performance Awards
- Cashies 30% store discount
- Access to paid study leave
- Established employee recognition program
- Discounted gym membership
+ much more!
How to Apply
Are you ready to kickstart your career? Press the ‘Apply’ button now to start completing your application! Please complete the requested details on the application page and be prepared as you will be asked to answer a few questions via video, so we can see what you can bring to the team!
Cash Converters supports diversity, inclusion and equal opportunity. We encourage people of all cultures, backgrounds, gender, age, sexual orientation and abilities to apply.
To learn more about working with Cash Converters, please visit https://www.cashconverters.com.au/about/join-us
No recruitment agencies please
Perth 6000 WA