The RealReal is looking for a Staff Machine Learning Engineer who will set the technical direction of their team to build and deploy machine learning solutions. In this role, you will use state-of-the-art machine learning and computer vision techniques that help drive our authentication process. Authentication is core to our business and this Staff ML Engineer will have the opportunity to foster our company's brand reputation by augmenting human intelligence - keeping fake items off our website. You will partner with Product, Engineering, and Business team stakeholders in the development of core technical solutions for our growing company.
*** This position is open to being remote anywhere in the U.S. ***
What You Get To Do Every Day
- Drive the team's technical direction, designing and testing machine learning models to create highly accurate systems used in operations
- Take ownership of key components, ensuring that they meet the needs of the business
- Write production quality code
- Collaborate with senior management, product management, and other engineers in the development of product
- Mentor team members to build the company's overall expertise in machine learning and computer vision engineering
- Work to make The RealReal an innovator in the space by bringing your passion and new ideas to work every day
- Evangelize machine learning across the company and share your expertise
What You Bring To The Role
- 5+ years experience in building and evaluating machine learning & deep learning models
- 5+ years experience putting machine learning models into production
- 2+ years experience designing computer vision models in a commercial setting
- Quantitative degree in Computer Science or related technical field
- Excellent communication and presentation skills: can describe complex ML concepts to a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience with big data tools (Apache Beam, Spark, etc)
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS/GCP
- High degree of familiarity with: Sklearn, Tensorflow/Keras, Pytorch
- Fluency in Python
Want to learn more about our team at The RealReal? Check out our Technology & Product Blog!
GHR3369 #LI-MP48 #LI-Remote
The RealReal is the world's largest online marketplace for authenticated, resale luxury goods, with more than 20 million members. With a rigorous authentication process overseen by experts, The RealReal provides a safe and reliable platform for consumers to buy and sell their luxury items. We have hundreds of in-house gemologists, horologists and brand authenticators who inspect thousands of items each day. As a sustainable company, we give new life to pieces by thousands of brands across numerous categories—including women's and men's fashion, fine jewelry and watches, art and home—in support of the circular economy. We make selling effortless with free virtual appointments, in-home pickup, drop-off and direct shipping. We do all of the work for consignors, including authenticating, using AI and machine learning to determine optimal pricing, photographing and listing their items, as well as handling shipping and customer service. At our 13 retail locations, including our eight shoppable stores, customers can sell, meet with our experts and receive free valuations.
The RealReal is committed to providing an equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or expression, or Veteran status. We will consider qualified applicants for a position regardless of arrest or conviction records.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.