Striving for operational excellence through continuous improvement of existing processes and implementation of new, innovative techniques are one of the core pillars of the Generation department. It goes without saying that power plant data plays a central role in our organization.
We are looking for a dynamic, motivated and energetic colleague who is passioned by Artificial intelligence and machine learning to support Generation by developing and optimizing tools (algorithms, monitoring- and reporting tools) and to maintain the quality of the data. You will be working closely with Generation experts to develop value generating algorithms in order to improve performances (reliability, availability, efficiency, output) of our production assets and to roll-out these digital tools. You work closely together with technical key players in the generation department and with the IT department.Tasks, Responsibilities
- Applying state-of-the-art machine learning and analytic tools in a Big Data context.
- Assist/Develop in the modeling and implementation of AI/ machine learning algorithms to avoid unplanned shutdowns of our power plants
- Assist/Develop in the modeling and implementation of AI/ machine learning algorithms to monitor the performances of our units and identify in a very early stage performance (output, efficiency) degrading factors
- Exposure to advanced machine learning techniques such as neural network, decision trees, random forest, boosting algorithms, support vector machine, kernel based methods, genetic algorithms, clustering, Bayesian networks..
- Develop/install/maintain new digital reporting/monitoring tools
- work in close collaboration with technical Generation experts to develop and optimize (new) algorithms and digital tools
- work in close collaboration with out IT department to industrialize our new algorithms and digital tools
- Maintain the high quality of the process data and flows to allow continuous reporting and monitoring .
- Identify new use cases that fit the needs of our Generation Operational and Maintenance teams
- Work out a way of working (procedures, R&R) to standardize our approach for future AI projects
- You have a Master in IT or engineering
- Analytical mind and affinity with numbers and programming (VBA, SAS, Python or SQL);
- Eager and motivated to learn
- Ability/motivation to assimilate a different large amount of information (SAS, Python, Power B, Qlik Sense) and translate it into clear process ideas.
- A critical and synthetic mind is key.
- Proactive personality, eager to challenge the status-quo;
- Making technical concepts easy to understand;
- Knowledge of Dutch or French and fluent in English.