We have an exciting opportunity for a talented data engineer to join one of our highly successful flagship businesses, working in an agile and rapidly expanding global environment. You will join a team engaged in delivering high performance data services to the petrochemical and energy industries.
This is an outstanding career opportunity within a market-leading global business. We have a strong supportive culture, with a keen focus on innovation, technical excellence and career development. The ideal candidate will be a natural collaborator who can liaise with various people both inside and outside the team in order to get the information required. The candidate should be capable of working through and understanding complex systems and working with their team build innovative and practical solutions to meet the business requirements.
We are looking for a collaborative self-starter with a fresh perspective, happy to offer new approaches to existing solutions, who welcomes different points of view on the same subject matter and, crucially, has the ability to think from a “customer first” perspective.
- Building ETL (extract, transform and load) processes
- Building and maintaining a Data Lake
- Database design and implementation
- Automating configuration management, infrastructure, and application deployments.
- Write complex SQL queries on top of the data design and infrastructure
- Communicate with functional area managers, project sponsors, and/or consultants regarding status of specific projects.
- Experience working in Agile teams i.e. adhering to Agile methodology & delivery
- Strong interpersonal skills and stakeholder management
- SQL and ETL experience
- AWS knowledge
- Python (or a similar programming language) experience
- Database deployment and maintenance
Highly Desirable skills:
- Data Lake and data warehouse knowledge
- Docker & Kubernetes
- Snowflake Data Cloud
At Lexis Nexis Risk Solutions Group having diverse employees with different perspectives is key to creating innovative new products for our global customers. We have 35 diversity employee networks globally and prioritise ensuring inclusive leadership is part of our culture. Our aim is for every employee to be the best version of themselves. We would actively welcome applications from candidates of diverse backgrounds and underrepresented groups.
We encourage applicants and employees to tell us about any health issues they may have to allow us to put in place reasonable adjustments that may support applicants in the application process and support employees to succeed in their role.
Please read our