Clipchamp is the go-to video platform with one simple mission: to empower anyone to tell stories worth sharing. Since 2016 we’ve attracted over 17 million registered users globally and counting, and that’s only the beginning. We've now joined Microsoft's Office Media Group (OMG) - to empower every person and organisation to achieve more with media!
Building and maintaining strong connections across location and time is critical in the world we live in, and the emotional power of media – video, audio, and photos – makes it perfect for fostering personal connections and sharing information.
Our in-browser platform gives users access to professional video editing tools and features alongside a 1 million asset-strong stock library and hundreds of editable video templates. We're the go-to platform that's built with everyday editors and creators in mind.
About the Team
While Clipchamp is predominantly based in Australia, OMG is a global team, with offices in five countries. Joining Clipchamp, means you'll join a team of colleagues who live all around the world. We’re committed to each team member feeling connected, regardless of where they work and live.
About the Role
We're transforming the way people create and we're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to play in this awesomely innovative and evolving field with us - someone excited about the ongoing analysis and investigation of data to achieve insight and innovation while we shape the future of video!
As a senior data scientist within the Clipchamp team, you'll love exploring, understanding and interpreting data to find meaning for all stakeholders. Data-driven, you can't think of anything better than executing the analysis of statistics and machine learning.
- Defining our data governance and supporting our data strategy overall
- Employing behavioural data and insights to optimise the user journey end-to-end, increasing engagement, subscritpion conversion rates and retention rates
- Working with a large volume of analytics data that we've collected over time, to understand user behaviour and trends, and unlock key insights
- Shaping how we can use machine learning to provide predictive experiences in our product and create the world's smartest video creation platform
- Partnering with engineering, design and growth marketers to define strategy improvements for our video platform
- Serving as the resident data expert, advocating data literacy internally across our teams
Who we're looking for:
- A degree in a quantitative field (ie. stats, mathematics, computer science, etc)
- 3+ years of related industry experience in the data science domain
- Proficiency in data science relevant programming languages (ie. Python, R)
- Experience with experimental frameworks and developing machine learning models in business applications
- A practical mindset when working with data - we want to be able to depend on our data output, but one of our values is to move fast, meaning finding ways of working that yields results over 'perfect data'
And nice-to-mentions, but not required:
- Advanced proficiency in SQL
- Familiarity with ad tech, marketing, or growth in addition to product knowledge
- Experience in SaaS
- Expereince with Coud Computing
- MLOps: experience in operationalising ML applications and workflows
- Blended in-office and remote work environment of your choice
- Flexibility supporting when and how you work
- Sponsored learning and development
- Wellbeing & fitness allowances
- Company stock and bonus incentives
Please note: All new employees of OMG/Clipchamp will be required to partake in a background check.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
#Clipchamp #OMG #Office Media Group
#Australia #Sydney #Melbourne #Brisbane #Perth #Darwin #Hobart #New Zealand #Remote