- 1 Year Fixed Max term Contract with possible extension
- Perth CBD Location - Great Office, Friendly team
- Data Engineer - SQL, Azure, SSIS
Perenti is an ASX200 diversified global mining services group with businesses in surface mining, underground mining and mining support services. The Group was founded in Kalgoorlie in 1987 and is today one of the world’s largest companies providing surface and underground mining at scale. Headquartered in Australia, Perenti has operations and offices in 13 countries across four continents, employs around 8,000 mining professionals and is creating enduring value and certainty for clients on some of the world’s largest mining projects
Perenti Group now seeks to engage a highly skilled and experienced Data Engineer with experience in Cloud Technology to join us and use comprehensive modern data engineer techniques and methods to support business decisions.
- Ownership of database design and development activities across the department.
- Support remediation and future decommissioning/consolidation of existing warehouse solutions and migration to the cloud.
- Develop and maintain data warehouse schematics, layouts, architectures, and relational/non-relational databases for data access and Advanced Analytics
- Identify potential data risk areas and assist in the development of appropriate risk mitigation and management strategies
- Demonstrated experience in end-to-end application development / support lifecycle (design, development, testing and implementation)
- Strong understanding of Azure based cloud services and architectures.
- 5+ years’ experience data modelling (tools such as EA Sparx) data warehouse design and implementation.
- Extensive experience with SSIS or an equivalent ETL suite / transformation framework (on premises and cloud).
- Experience operating in a CI/CD landscape and exposure to Azure data services and Azure DevOps is highly desirable.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to develop productive relationships with multiple business stakeholders at all levels both written and verbally.
- Demonstrated 5+ years of experience with data warehouse development and scripting (SQL Server 2017 & Azure SQL Database).
As a Company, we seek high performing resilient employees and promote a collaborative working culture. Our Employee Benefit program acknowledges our employees with extensive offers from corporate partners including novated leasing, health insurance discounts, travel/accommodation benefits, flexible working opportunities, and parental leave provisions.
We strive to create an inclusive environment for all employees. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply for all vacant positions.
Agencies need not apply on behalf of candidates.