The Associate Data Analyst will focus on evaluating, developing and implementing impactful data analytic and reporting process solutions. This role will support the development data driven solutions including data evaluation, analysis, modeling and data visualization which support data analyses for internal and external stakeholders.
- The essential functions listed represent the major duties of this role, additional duties may be assigned.
- Engage in problem solving efforts related to day-to-day processes of the reporting & analytics team and long-term strategic initiatives of the company. (15%)
- Recognize opportunities and weaknesses within reporting processes and participate in the implementation of the defined solution(s). (10%)
- Participate in designing, development and refinement of proprietary software to support reporting & analytics team’s needs. (10%)
- Assist in development of data warehouse & data marts for the reporting & analytics team. (10%)
- Assist in building reporting processes to assist internal and external clients (20%)
- Generate accurate and timely reports to internal and external clients using technology. (10%)
- Apply “out-of-the-box” solutions to business issues and long-term initiatives. (10%)
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting request from internal and external stakeholders (10%)
- Support data imports and exports and/or provide support for external initiatives. (5%)
Required Work Experience
0-1 years related work experience. Experience Details: in an analytical, data-driven role
Required Management Experience
No supervisory/management experience required
Related Bachelor’s degree or additional related equivalent work experience Business, Engineering, Math, Computer Science, MIS or related data analytics/Analysis Associates and certifications
Additional Required Qualifications
Driven, motivated and willing to learn
Novice/Beginner SQL writing skills with a strong desire to learn and acquire SQL skills
Novice/Beginner in SQL data modeling with a strong desire to learn and acquire SQL data modeling skills
Novice/Beginner Excel skills with a strong motivation to learn and increase Excel skills
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Comfortable communicating directly with internal and external stakeholders.
Can appropriately handle confidential and sensitive information.
Strong attention to detail
Strong desire to learn how to use many data sources to generate solutions for internal and external clients
Ability to translate business needs directly into solutions using data and technology
Ability to work independently and proactively
Ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively as a member of a team
Must be self-motivated with the ability to assess problems/issues and offer workable solutions
Strong time and project management skills
Additional Preferred Qualifications
• Experience or exposure with healthcare claims data, healthcare terminology and healthcare operations. • Experience or exposure with Power BI, SQL and Excel.
General Physical Demands
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally to move objects. Jobs are sedentary if traversing activities are required only occasionally.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Protected Veteran/Disabled Employer committed to creating a diverse, inclusive and equitable culture for our employees and communities.