Oral Roberts University is a non-profit organization whose staff and faculty actually make a difference in the lives of its students. We pride ourselves on our culture and the values we uphold. Our team is passionate about what we do, and we want you to make us even better!
- FULL TIME
This position will gather, transform, organize, and assimilate information hidden in vast amounts of data to bring insights into critical areas of the university such as student recruiting, retention, IT operations, etc. The primary focus will be applying higher education principles along with data mining techniques, ML models, statistical analysis, and building high-quality prediction models integrated with our ERP, CRM, LSM, GIS, and web stack.
The ideal candidate would be someone who has been working in an Ellucian student information system environment and wants to take their career to the next level as a data whisperer.
- Analyze large amounts of information from internal and external sources to discover trends/patterns and interpret results with a clear objective.
- Build machine-learning algorithms, models, reports, etc., to meet business outcomes and KPIs.
- Use state-of-the-art data mining methods.
- Identify valuable data sources and automate collection processes.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Ideate, communicate, and work with team members to drive impact and deliver results.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner.
- Create reports, executive summaries, and presentations to communicate solutions to stakeholders.
- Provide insights into individual thought processes and offer real world factors that impact decision making.
- Present information using data visualization techniques.
- Collaborate with departments across campus to improve efficiencies in reporting data.
- Extend ORU’s data with third-party sources when needed.
- Keep current with technical and industry developments.
Bachelor’s degree in computer information technology or computer science is required.
Master’s in related field or equivalent certifications preferred.
- Requires 5 years of related experience OR Bachelor’s Degree in computer science/information technology field & 3 years of related IT experience.
- Each relevant industry certification may be substituted for one to two years of experience.
- Substitution varies by certification and current department need.
LICENSE OR CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENT(S):
Relevant systems and operations related certifications preferred.
- Experience with Banner, Salesforce, and D2L systems are highly desirable.
- Proficient in Python, SQL, and PL/SQL.
- Experience with business intelligence tools such as Power BI, Tableau, etc.
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms, such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision Forests, etc.
- Experience with common data science toolkits and frameworks, such as Tensorflow, Keras, Scikit-learn, R, NumPy, etc.
- Excellence in at least one of these is highly desirable.
- Experience with data visualization tools, such as Pandas, Matplotlib, D3.js, and GGplot.
- Experience with MySQL, Oracle, or other databases.
- Great communication and presentation skills.
- Good applied statistics skills, such as distributions, statistical testing, regression, etc.
- Data-oriented personality.
- Ability to draw insights and conclusions from data to advise model development and business decisions.
- Experience in the design and analysis of A/B testing.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, or Google cloud is preferred.
- Experience in the Higher Education industry is preferred.
- Human-focused with strong fundamental understanding of the business, market drivers and customers.
- Ability to view information through cognitive lens, add market and business context, and combine human behavior constructs to provide personalized user experience.