NexGen is currently seeking a “Data Engineer
” to be responsible for data architecture and recommendations to enhance data architecture for major National Applications used by the Federal government. The ideal candidate will possess demonstrable experience in architecting data solutions for large-scale on-site and cloud-based implementations.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities Include The Following
- Experience with Oracle databases strong in SQL and PL/SQL.
- 3+ years’ experience with Data Modeling.
- Expertise with reverse engineering existing application databases and underlying data architecture to present recommendations for optimizing the underlying data models.
- Projects long-range requirements for database design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Identify architectural risks and plans to mitigate.
- Lead innovation by exploring, investigating, recommending, benchmarking and implementing data centric technologies for the platform.
- Conducts quality control and auditing of databases in a client/server environment to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data. Advises users on access to various client/server databases.
- Create new data validation methods and data analysis tools.
- Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies.
- Effectively and accurately communicate with management regarding project status, issue identification and remediation.
- High quality customer service skills including strong training skills.
- Seek innovative ways to improve the process of delivering solutions to clients.
- Analyze problem incidents, debug SQL and implement fixes.
- Performs data access analysis design, and archive/recovery design and implementation.
- Experience with administration, configuration management, monitoring, debugging, benchmarking and performance tuning of Database Engines.
- Ability to analyze and work with complex system integrations.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational with exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or a related scientific or technical degree; or equivalent experience.
- Five years’ experience with PL/SQL query writing experience
- Experience Oracle database, including ability to write and understand complex SQL queries against Oracle database
Additional Desired Skills/Requirements
- Work experience within the Federal Government
- The successful candidate must be able to pass a background screening prior to employment.
- US Citizenship or US work-authorization.
Hourly Rate: $60 to $80 per hour (DOE)
(Last revision: 2022-09-26)
NexGen Technologies, Inc. (NexGen) is a federal small business partner with a proven track record of innovative, high-quality, responsive and flexible IT service delivery (DME and O&M) for over 20 years. An ISO 9001:2015 certified IT Services company, our technical service delivery expertise is rooted in Agile Methodology for solution architecture and design, rapid application development, configuration, and implementation. From requirements gathering through successful implementation and adoption, NexGen possesses the requisite combination of technical expertise and project experience to deliver powerful solutions on-time and on-budget.