Our National client seeks the professional services of a Senior Data Analyst/Modeler to operate as a liaison between the business and technical communities in the development of data solutions that support the business needs. The Senior Data Analyst, while applying digital principles, elicits, analyzes, communicates, validates, and translates data business needs into communications, agile stories (EPIC, Features, Stories and Tasks) and other documentation. This role also requires an enhanced understanding and experience with Data modeling and analysis techniques to build and maintain transformation rules and source to target mappings.
This role will primarily be remote with quarterly travel to Ottawa for in-person meetings.
*** Candidates must be eligible for Government of Canada Security Clearance ***Advantages
*** 12 month remote contract with occasional on-site visits in Ottawa ***
*** Opportunity with a Nationally recognized organization ***Responsibilities
- Reviewing and recommending conceptual, logical, and physical data models to determine compatibility and fit with architectural principles and optimal solution design.
- Understanding system data elements and existing data structures, as well as data lineage connecting source to target.
- Understand client requirements and convert the ask into technical terms/user stories.
- Support the implementation of reference and master data management program within future state data platform.
- Work with Agile team and Data Architects to help and come up with the solution approach.
- Help estimating implementation effort based on the requirements.
- Researching and documenting data platform and outputs: source to target mapping, business rules applied to data transformation, data cataloging, data lineage.
- Collecting, documenting, and analyzing information management requirements.
- Collecting, organizing, analyzing, and disseminating significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Deconstruct complex technical solutions and explain them to a non-technical audience in simple and clear terms.
- Present complex or conflicting situations/issues to stakeholders. Uses persuasion, influence, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Utilize broad knowledge of business processes, applications, products, business strategy and internal and external customer needs to contribute to the optimum business solution
- Lead informative well-organized presentations and facilitate sessions to review data requirements and identify gaps; ability to bring others to agreement around a set of ideas to achieve the goal or bring about beneficial resolution
- Deliver clear, complete, and usable documentation, that is right sized for the product, and that the client and/or product owner can validate to support the sign-off process; and is serviceable for the technical project members to deliver the solution
- Support/coach junior BAs as required
- Participate in all sprint-based activities (Sprint Review, Retrospectives, backlog refinements) as required
- Completed an Undergraduate Degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science or Engineering, Commerce, Business, or related field
- 7+ years as a dedicated Data Analyst or Data Modeler
- Well-rounded experience in the whole data lifecycle management and hands-on experience in the following data management domains: dimensional and relational data modeling, data quality, SQL programming, metadata management and master data management and business intelligence
- Experience with reverse engineering the source to target mapping to gain data insights
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate with both business and technical audiences. Strong listening skills.
- Experience with Azure Data Platform technologies or other public cloud offerings
- Experience with IBM: Data Manager, InfoSphere DataStage
- Knowledge of Spark SQL
- Experience with Informatica Master Data Management or related tool
- Programming experience: SQL, R, Python
- Understanding of Denodo platform
- Data domain knowledge within Company/Customer subject areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication, critical thinking, time management, priority planning and interpersonal skills.
- Strong relationship management skills, including facilitating group sessions and displaying leadership within a project team
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Experienced in an agile environment. Can pivot to support changing business priorities
- Bilingual in both official languages (French and English)
If you are qualified and interested in this role please submit your résumé and one of our Senior Recruiters would be happy to give you a call. Thank you.
Randstad Canada is committed to fostering a workforce reflective of all peoples of Canada. As a result, we are committed to developing and implementing strategies to increase the equity, diversity and inclusion within the workplace by examining our internal policies, practices, and systems throughout the entire lifecycle of our workforce, including its recruitment, retention and advancement for all employees. In addition to our deep commitment to respecting human rights, we are dedicated to positive actions to affect change to ensure everyone has full participation in the workforce free from any barriers, systemic or otherwise, especially equity-seeking groups who are usually underrepresented in Canada's workforce, including those who identify as women or non-binary/gender non-conforming; Indigenous or Aboriginal Peoples; persons with disabilities (visible or invisible) and; members of visible minorities, racialized groups and the LGBTQ2+ community.
Randstad Canada is committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace for all its candidates and employees by supporting their accessibility and accommodation needs throughout the employment lifecycle. We ask that all job applications please identify any accommodation requirements by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure their ability to fully participate in the interview process.