More information about this job:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsible for the management of FM Global’s meta-data assets through the development and refinement of the enterprise data model and project specific logical data models.
- The incumbent can be assigned to a project team but may also work independently.
- An individual in this position performs two primary types of data analysis: reverse-engineering which involves the development of data business rules through the analysis and refinement of existing applications; top-down data analysis which involves the extension of the enterprise data model through the gathering of data business rules through project related work.
- The incumbent collaborates with IT application project teams, peer data analysts, their business partners, and the cross-functional data stakeholders to ensure that the business rules meet project needs and at the same time represent the needs of FM Global from an enterprise perspective.
- Although he/she may support a specific project team, the incumbent is accountable for ensuring that the data business rules integrate across subject areas and/or business departments.
- The incumbent provides consultation to business and IS partners on data quality issues and makes recommendations for resolution.
- This is the first level of the Data Analyst job family.
Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Information technology, or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience and technical training with a non-related Bachelor degree.
3+ years of experience in Data Analysis developing logical data models and managing data governance processes.
- Knowledge of data repositories and metadata management disciplines.
- Knowledge of Agile methodologies specific to the data related artifacts.
- Knowledge of planning and task management
- Knowledge of writing SQL to read data sources
- Prior experience implementing Data Governance Practices - nice to have
- Strong data analysis and data modeling skills on small to medium, enterprise based initiatives.
- Working knowledge of data architectures and data normalization
- Hands-on experience with industry leading model management tools.
- Experience in applications project-related data analysis.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Good project discipline, operating as part of a team or across teams to reach agreement to the enterprise view of the data
- Knowledge of Data Governance Tools.
- Contributing to enterprise data catalog
- Documenting data lineage
- Mapping data integration
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an ability to express complex business rules in a data model and to interpret the data rules from a data model.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well on cross-functional project teams within both IS and the business environment.