Job Description – Clinical Data Analyst [Lead Sr. Associate]- [This position is located in Maryland]
Medicalincs is seeking a detailed oriented Clinical Data Analyst. Must be able to work independently with exceptional accuracy. The Clinical Data Analyst gathers and analyzes clinical data to assist Medicalincs Provider and Payer partners with successful participation in Population Health programs. Must have excellent communication skills, customer service skills and be detail oriented. Proficiency with computers a must. This position directly reports to the Director of Managed Care & Population Health Management.
RESPONSIBILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Understand requirements and workflows for Medicalincs population health programs.
- Access and validate data aggregated from multiple platforms to demonstrate proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite & Data visualization tools (e.g., Power BI) to compile monthly, quarterly, and year-end summary reports related to utilization patterns and clinical outcomes.
- Analysis efforts will focus on metrics and reporting to assess the effectiveness of the EHR, evaluate the impact of changes, guide optimization decision and support System Quality.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the framework of EHRs, interfaces, LOINC, data value sets Understanding of ICD-10 codes and CPT-II codes highly desirable.
- Promote engagement in our Population Health programs among staff and providers at our sites.
- Serve as a catalyst to initiate Quality Improvement projects, including assisting and directing staff to document in discrete fields to ensure scoring for performance.
- Maintain knowledge of current trends in technology and clinical practices related to areas of responsibility.
- Work with team members to gather necessary information, provide guidance on data reporting needs/solutions, and metric development
- Review and ensure accuracy of reports and corrects or explains discrepancies using sampling, investigation, and understanding of operational workflows.
- Present key data elements required to meet clinical quality measures within EHRs and propose changes for improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field & Analytics/Informatics certification OR HIT Degree
- 5 years clinical experience
- 2 years minimum clinical analytics/informatics experience
- Strong familiarity with data analytics and visualization software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Intermediate to Advanced technical skill in: Microsoft office suite: Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Databases, and knowledge of EMRs
- EMR experience preferred (such as EPIC, Cerner, NextGen, etc.)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt preferred
- Understanding of project management or related experience
- Excellent organizational, prioritization, and interpersonal skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Capacity to manage high stress situations
- Ability to multi-task and manage various project elements simultaneously
- Strong team player
- Big-picture thinking and vision
- Attention to detail
- Conflict resolution skills
- Must be able to Telework from Home Based Office when needed. Must have high-speed Internet connection and using tools to communicate (verbally & written) remotely
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activates, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activates may change at any time with reasonable notice.
Medicalincs LLC (Medicalincs) is a renowned healthcare business & clinical management services firm that supports health organizations to improve organizational performance by providing less expensive, human-centered, integrated, managed care solutions. We have significantly improved health outcomes, cost savings and return on investment for our clients. Medicalincs is was founded in 2013 and launched in 2017. We are located at Silver Spring, Maryland and serve the Maryland, District of Columbia, Virginia, and other States.
OUR MISSION: At Medicalincs, our mission is to link silos in the healthcare system - to achieve the most cost-effective, high quality, and continually improved care delivery that preserves & saves lives!
OUR PHILOSOPHY: To make a difference, you need to be THICK - Trusted, Hearty, Innovative, Committed, & Kaizen!
Medicalincs LLC brings a unique understanding of healthcare delivery systems across healthcare settings & payer groups; and in-depth experience applying strategic fusion of clinical, business, and technical expertise - to drive comprehensive and tried-and-true lasting solutions to advance networks and population health management. Our areas of expertise include:
Managed Care & Care Value | Care Delivery Model Transformation Implementation | Care Management | Quality Improvement & Patient Safety | Program Management & Change Management | Program Evaluation & Data Analytics | Organizational Development & Strategic Planning.
Medicalincs takes a rigorous approach to recruiting talent to our company that balances equal parts role-specific competencies and cultural fit. Medicalincs offers you:
- A balance of work, life, & fun - with a close-knit team of professionals!
- Delivery of top-notch health care solutions to our clients
- An innovative and creative environment, with diverse highly talented co-workers
- Empowerment to perform at your highest potential and opportunity to grow
- Recognition for being part of a talented team & Reward for performance
- Competitive compensation - Full benefits (Health, Life, Vision, Dental), Paid time off, 401(k), Professional Development support.