Discover our galaxy 🪐
Since 2013, when Malt was founded by Vincent Huguet and Hugo Lassiege, Malt has become Europe’s fastest-growing freelance marketplace, now home to a dynamic community of 470k+ freelancers, 50k+ companies, and 500+ Malters.
At Malt, we believe that success is powered by the perfect combination of the right people, the right team, and the right projects. We’re merely the “planet” at the heart of this “galaxy of work” bringing everyone together.
To do this, we’ve built the industry’s leading freelance management solutions—all on a powerful, AI-driven tech platform—to match companies with the right freelance talent. But we’re more than just a connector. Our marketplace streamlines freelancer-client communications, simplifies administrative and legal tasks, expedites invoicing and payments, and so much more. For us, it’s all about giving both freelancers and companies added peace of mind, so that every experience on Malt is nothing less than (inter)stellar.
Today, our company is growing fast and we need people like you to help us write this next chapter. So, if you’re up for a rewarding challenge, don’t wait—get your ticket to planet Malt today. Because together, we can change the world of work.
We Are a Tech Company With a Human Approach 👽
- Strong company culture fueled by 500+ Malters from 18+ countries
- Offices in France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, United Kingdom, the Netherlands and the Middle East
- Committed to equality and diversity (50% of people managers are women)
- Strong career path policies allowing all Malters to develop and grow equally
- Backed by renowned investors including ISAI, Eurazeo Growth, Goldman Sachs and BPI France
- Recognized twice by LinkedIn as one of the best start-ups to work at
Explore your future career 🔭
About The Role
Malt is growing rapidly. In order to reach our ambitious goals, we're looking for a great Senior Data Scientist
to join the growing data team.
The Data team works very closely with the product team to create a world where everyone is free to choose the best people to work with.
At Malt, we believe that curiosity is an asset. The whole team participates in the product architecture, all decisions are collegial, and we regularly engage in discussions on the best way to do things.
We are organized in tribes. Each tribe is responsible for a part of the product from floor to ceiling (user research, design, architecture, support, technical debt, production...), and imagines the best solutions to reach the product OKRs and thus contribute directly to the company's growth.
The team also actively participates in writing articles on our blog: blog.malt.engineering
Here you can understand how it works under the hood at Malt. We talk about product and engineering.
As a Data Scientist, your missions will be
- Be an integral part of the Product tribes to bring the Data Science vision to multidisciplinary teams
- Work on our Data Science foundation to build a long-term Data vision
- Improving the matching between companies searches and our freelancers
- Designing efficient recommendation systems
- Experience being part of a Product team
- Good knowledge of a programming language, ideally Python
- Ability to design machine learning (ML) models and put them into production
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Experience with ML libraries (Pytorch, Tensorflow, XGBoost, Scikit-Learn, LightGBM, …).
Nice to have :
- Experience with natural language processing (NLP), recommender system, graph neural network (GNN) would be huge advantage
- Experience with a Cloud environment, ideally GCP
- Previous experience working with Airflow and BigQuery
Our Recruitment process
- First call with Alexandre, our Tech Talent Acquisition Manager, to better understand your background, aspirations and answer your questions. (45 minutes)
- Interview with your future manager, Claire, Head of Data, to discuss your experience and the role in more detail (60 minutes)
- Home assignment to prepare and present in order to evaluate your hard skills
- Final interview with Benoit VP Engineering
☎️ Proposal within 48h
Malt is the perfect space to thrive personally and professionally 💫
- Onboarding: Before easing into your new role, you’ll spend your first week learning about our culture, products, and services with other onboardees at our office in Paris
- Equity: Every Malter is entitled to stock options
- Lunch vouchers : €9/day on your Swile card.
- Transportation: 50% reimbursement (any type of transport)
- RTT: From 8 to 12 days off
- Malt sabbatical: After three years of service, every malter is entitled to one month of sabbatical leave.
- Free books: If you’re interested in learning more about any topic relevant to Malt’s business, just tell us the books you’d like to read, and we’ll order them for you—without any questions asked or approval processes to follow.
- Remote work: Hybrid remote policy
- Annual off-sites: Les Arcs, Amsterdam, Ibiza… Where next ?
Ready? Get your ticket to Malt 🪐