Our mission is to create the finance solution all businesses love through technology, elegant design, and an outstanding sense of customer care. At Qonto, we believe that great services come from great thinkers, that’s why we strive to provide an environment that will allow you to feel comfortable and help you excel in your work. Check this video to have a preview of our method: The Qonto Way
Alexandre and Steve launched Qonto in July 2017, and the team has reached great achievements since then:
- Market leader for online SME banking in Europe
- 200,000 SME clients
- Outstanding customer satisfaction (App Store | Google Play | TrustPilot)
- Recognized as one of the best startups to work (LinkedIn | Glassdoor)
- €136 million raised
- International investors with a solid fintech experience
- Qonto is part of the #Next40 index for 2021
- And 450+ happy Qontoers helping us building the finance solution of our dreams (just that!)
- Ambition | We tackle big challenges no matter what
- Teamwork | We create magic by collaborating at the same speed
- Mastery | We pursue excellence through continuous learning and by facing challenges humbly every day
- Integrity | We are transparent and trustworthy with our clients and each other
Since last year's fundraising, Qonto significantly raised its ambition in terms of data. This resulted in the creation of a Data Department, handling Data Analysis, Engineering and Science. The data department grew from 5 to 25 people (and we're still hiring)!
The data science team is in charge of leveraging data mostly in real-time via models to bring value to our teams and clients. Qonto's Data Science is at its beginning (4 team members as of October 2021).
Examples of projects to come
Improvement of our current fraud alerts on checks
- Use of machine learning to prioritize the number of fraud alerts that we trigger
- Use of graph theory to detect networks of money launderers
- Use of natural language processing to extract the feelings of our clients towards our customer service
- Use of natural language generation to generate impactful reports for our clients on their monthly activities
As a Data Scientist at Qonto, you will
Build and improve the data science stack: At Qonto individual contributors have a say in the tech, and here DS choices.
- Develop models, and put them in production: due to the size of the team, data scientists are in charge of delivery at Qonto.
- Solve real problems: because of Qonto’s growth, we only work on projects that bring a lot of value.
- Maintain our fraud alerting system
Experience: You have 2+ years of experience in Data Science
- Mastery: You have strong knowledge in data science (and data) ecosystem concepts and technologies (python, SciKit-Learn…) and you are familiar with Python software environment (Flask, Celery, Docker, CI/CD…)
- Data Science advanced: You know how to use data science to solve business issues. You know how to work with many tools/algorithms of data science. You know not to overthink problems and focus on finding practical solutions.
- Developer: Qonto is still young, and for now data scientists put their model into production themselves. You will use your software engineering experience and embrace best practices to develop, deploy, and maintain python micro-services.
- Problem Solver: You know how to overcome challenges with solutions that scale, without over-engineering.
- Curious: you keep an open mind to propositions and appreciate learning along the way
- Vision: You know how to take a step back and think about the bigger picture. You are able to then challenge the needs without creating friction.
- Languages: You speak English, French is a strong plus
You got it: helping you succeed is our #1 priority. We have put together several perks to make your life easier and more will be added as Qonto grows further
Office & Team Life
- 3,200 sqm fully-renovated building near Opera with WeWork services
- Monthly team events, and yearly offsite (Barcelona, Sicily… what’s next?)
- Free coffee, snacks in the kitchen and a budget allocated to managers for small team events
- The latest in Apple’s equipment
- Tailor-made Remote Policy from anywhere (within a +/-3 hours timezone): from 2 days per week with a bonus of 12 additional days per year up to Full Remote
- A competitive salary package (healthcare, commute...)
- 5 days off in addition to the legal 25 days
- A Swile Card that you can use for lunch
- Access to thousands of gyms and activities for 10-30€ a month, through our partnership with Gymlib
- Relocation package and visa sponsorship for international talents (we have 40+ nationalities based in Paris!)
- An inclusive environment with a real focus on parity (40% of our teams are women)
- Special parenthood policy (we are part of the Parental Act program)
- Career tracks that can match all expectations (Expert or Manager tracks): we believe in our Qontoers and we want them to progress on their journey at Qonto. And in addition, internal and international mobility is also promoted
- Childcare Benefits (reserved day-care places for your little ones) and subsidies/discounts with selected childcare partners
- Access to Moka Care, a digital platform to take care of your mental health
How we have adapted our hiring process during the Coronavirus crisis:
Is Qonto still recruiting? ✅
There are so many questions you may be asking yourself. The current public health crisis may have you doubting whether you should even be applying right now.
We strive to be the finance solution all businesses love. To continue to reach this goal, we need to hire talent more than ever. That’s why we guarantee a fully remote hiring process for all candidates!
We are lucky to have digital tools to help us continue to live and work as best we can despite everything going on.
Here is what you can expect from our adapted recruitment process:
A 60 min video-call with one of our Talent Acquisition Managers to better understand your career plan and answer any of your questions
- A 60 min video-call with Bachir, senior Data Scientist, to create a strong alignment on what we'll expect from you, and tell you more about our way to operate
- A fully remote exercise to evaluate your technical skills, followed by a debrief with a member of the team
- A video-call with future team members to help you project yourself in the company
- A final video-call with Aymeric, our CTO
We will send you an interview guide so you can best prepare yourself.
On average our process lasts 20 working days and offers usually follow within 48 hours