Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
USSTRATCOM and NC3 (Nuclear Command, Control, and Communications) Operations Department (N257) provides a whole range of systems engineering, data analytics, architecture design expertise in supporting development of our nation’s nuclear and electromagnetic spectrum capabilities. We are currently seeking a creative Data Analyst, Operations Research Analyst, Statistician, or Data Scientist to join our diverse team.
The job will necessitate learning the combatant command mission, the ability to work with senior CCMD sponsors, and discuss advanced concepts of data analytics and data analysis in ways understandable by senior leaders with little or no technical background. The role is expected to support an exciting variety of challenges across our sponsor base such as: electromagnetic spectrum operations, cybersecurity analytics, network resiliency analysis, and operational and military utility analysis. We look to apply advanced analytic techniques such as agent-based modeling, reinforcement learning, predictive modeling, mathematical modeling, machine learning, optimization, statistics, novel visualization, Parametric and Bayesian analysis, and different types of simulation to solve the nation’s toughest problems.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Able to apply operations research, statistics, and data analytics concept and approaches to real world problems
- Apply advanced analytical, analysis, and mathematical techniques to support difficult policy and capability, and acquisition decisions assessing areas as military utility, operational effectiveness, technical efficacy to achieve highest quality engineering solutions
- Partner closely with the MITRE staff on how to apply MITRE’s data analytics, data analysis, statistics, and data science
- Present results in an intuitive, actionable manner that can be understood by all sponsor audiences, regardless of technical expertise
- Become a technical Trusted Adviser with sponsors and a thought leader for application data analytics, data analysis, statistics, and data science capabilities
- Become familiar with and engage on MITRE innovation initiatives relevant to the sponsor needs in partnership with Department leadership
- Work closely with USSTRATCOM, NC3 Enterprise Center, Joint Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations Center (JEC), Joint Staff, Office of Secretary of Defense (OSD), Service and Component sponsors, and MITRE colleagues supporting those sponsors on shared problem sets
- Able to work independent or part of larger team in sponsor and hybrid work environment
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree in in Operations Research, Mathematics, Industrial Engineering or similar technical degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with relevant experience; or equivalent combination of related education and work experience.
- Ability of obtaining & maintaining U.S. security clearance TS/SCI
- Evidence of knowledge of principles, concepts, methods and tools for conducting operations research, statistical analysis, or data analytic studies
- Have experience in using tools and techniques to do mathematical modeling, optimization, statistics, probability modeling, and simulation
- Familiarity and experience in modern programming language (e.g., RStudio, MATLAB, Python, Java), Modeling tools, and or simulation/optimization/business intelligence platforms (e.g., AFSIM, Cameo, SimPy, SAS, Tableau)
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of related experience
- MS with 6 years or PhD in a STEM field
- Familiarity with DoD organization and missions, the role of the Joint Staff, Combatant Commands, and Military Service Components, operational environments and threats.
- Active TS/SCI level security clearance
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
Work Location Type:
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE’s employment process, please email email@example.com.
Copyright © 1997-2023, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here