As the needs of our customers change, so do we.
At AGL, we believe progress is powered by our people.
If you’re set on making real change for tomorrow, we have the scale, resources and ambition to get it started today.
Now’s an extraordinary time to work with us. We’re taking the lead on renewables and expanding our products to make them more sustainable, affordable and useful for all Australians.
That’s what we call progress. To achieve it, we’re bringing together people with unique stories, perspectives, backgrounds and talent – and we need yours too!
About the Role
- Flexible working arrangements – find a way that works for you
- Excellent $’s, benefits, leave policies, discounted power; EV’s; NBN and mobile plans
- Great role for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Technology team
The Senior Data Scientist will be responsible to develop and provide analysis, insights, and models (in particular, predictive models) to a range of AGL business units, to support and drive high-quality decision making, process improvement and value creation. They will also find and extract value through creative and efficient application of data mining techniques, statistical analysis, and machine learning.
What you’ll be doing:
- Value extraction from analytics platforms associated with AGL’s data, through data mining, cleansing and enrichment, and model development and prototyping
- Proactive identification of opportunities to resolve business challenges through deployment of data science techniques. Effective communication of such opportunities to colleagues and stakeholders
- Stakeholder engagement, taking briefs, managing expectations, and communicating outcomes of analytics model development to stakeholders and decision makers
- Close engagement with associated architects, junior data scientists (including “citizen data scientists”) and other developers to assist with and support effective deployment of models and analytic insights into operational and/or production environments
- Support for ongoing organisational capability development. Continuous self-improvement. Effective technical coaching and support for colleagues
- Work closely with machine learning engineers to take experiments to production build.
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Solid experience in data development and business intelligence (professional certification highly regarded)
- Background in a quantitative discipline (Analytics, Statistics, postgraduate degrees highly regarded)
- Analytics toolsets, scripting languages, data platforms (Python essential)
- Machine learning and predictive modelling methodologies and tools with a demonstrated specialization in at least one data science domain.
- Experience working in cloud environments, Microsoft Azure preferred
- CI/CD pipelines and version control tools for faster production (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Git) desirable
- Excellent presentation, communication and influencing skills. Confident, patient, and effective in conveying complex analytical methods, results and insights in group and one-on-one settings.
- Problem assessment and scoping. Ability to understand and manage scope of a brief, provide authentic guidance to stakeholders regarding feasibility, expected time and effort for solutions, and discipline to remain focused on task for timely delivery
- Prioritization of competing demands on limited resources, to deliver best value for the business
- Tertiary qualification in a numeric or technical discipline (such as mathematics, applied statistics, data mining, physics, or related quantitative discipline), or demonstrated experience in delivering analytical support and driving data-led outcomes
We’d love to see your application, submitted by this date: 13th August 2022
Please note - unsolicited resumes from agencies will not be accepted by AGL.
COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
AGL has implemented a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy that requires all employees and contractors to be fully vaccinated with a COVID-19 vaccination (subject to medical exemptions). This requirement applies to all workgroups, including workgroups where AGL employees and contractors are currently attending the workplace and workgroups currently working from home who will return to the workplace when circumstances permit.
By applying for this role, you acknowledge that you are aware that AGL has a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy, and if you are successful in securing employment with AGL, that you will be required to comply with this Policy.
Inclusion at AGL
At AGL, all employees are encouraged to be themselves and to bring their whole selves to work every day. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people, people living with disability, culturally and linguistically diverse people and people of the LGBTQ+ community, including transgender, gender diverse, and intersex people.
AGL has a commitment to maintain a diverse workforce, and welcomes the opportunity for applicants to share their lived experiences. We also recognise that some applicants may not wish to disclose, and we respect their decision. To learn more about reasonable adjustments that can be offered throughout the recruitment process, please visit:
Job Family Group:
Analytics and Data Science