Pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch: Convatec is a global medical products and technologies company, focused on solutions for the management of chronic conditions, with leading positions in advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care, and infusion care. With around 10,000 colleagues, and a promise to be forever caring, our products and services are available in over 100 countries. Our solutions provide a range of benefits, from infection prevention and protection of at-risk skin, to improved patient outcomes and reduced care costs. The company is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index (LSE: CTEC) and in 2021 revenues were over $2 billion. To learn more about Convatec, please visit http://www.convatecgroup.com
Overall purpose of the Role
The BI Developer Engineer is responsible to implement complex and specialized data solutions ensuring high quality on the delivery always looking for opportunities to improve and automate.
As a Developer Engineer, you will be working with business users, collecting their requests, and then updating the set of existing BI reports to accommodate business needs. You will also be expected to establish company standards and common reporting terminology, and to help align existing and future reporting requests to such standards.
Good communications skills are required to partner with business leaders across the company creating unique conditions to make you grow in the BI and Analytics ecosystems. This role should act as an transformation agent in Convatec.
- Design, develop, test, and deliver self-service infrastructure and BI content, including reports and dashboards, to business professionals using last generation ETL/ELT tools, reporting tools, and Dashboarding.
- Design and build data management solutions focused on data acquisition, data quality, data transformation, migration planning, schema structures, and master data management.
- Provide hands-on design and implementation expertise around data warehousing, ETL, OLAP/tabular cubes, report development and data modelling across the company.
- Document and communicate processes and data structures to preserve institutional knowledge.
- Ensure a high level of data integrity and work output with attention to detail, while meeting time sensitive goals.
- Proven experience of interpretation and presentation of defined Business requirements supporting best practice and guidelines in delivering optimal operational quality.
- Experience in showcasing full capability and functionality of Power BI to the End User community
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) and ability to demonstrate collaborative working with differing Teams across the IT landscape, including onshore and offshore.
- Provide thought leadership, best practices, and standards required to deliver effective reporting and data visualization solutions to the various business units and executives.
- Roll up sleeves and work hands-on with project teams to support objectives throughout delivery life cycle
- English - Fluent
- Portuguese (if not a native speaker)
- Other languages can be a plus
What we are offering
- Chance to move your career within the company that is the leader in delivering the pioneering trusted medical solution for the patients
- Hybrid work model (1 day per week from the office in Lisbon)
- Modern office space in the Lisbon city centre
- Attractive compensation package with incentive plan and benefits
- Great atmosphere across the team
Our progress will give you countless opportunities to move forward too. Seek out new challenges, and you’ll find them. Stretch your thinking, and you’ll find new ways to make an impact. And if you embrace the opportunity to drive your own growth, you could go further, and achieve more, than ever before.
This is a big step forward.
This is work that’ll move you.
Beware of scams online or from individuals claiming to represent Convatec
A formal recruitment process is required for all our opportunities prior to any offer of employment. This will include an interview confirmed by an official Convatec email address.
If you receive a suspicious approach over social media, text message, email or phone call about recruitment at Convatec, do not disclose any personal information or pay any fees whatsoever. If you’re unsure, please contact us at careers@Convatec.com.
Convatec provides equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, genetic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives
Convatec is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any Convatec employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Convatec. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
Already a Convatec employee?
If you are an active employee at Convatec, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View Convatec Internal Career Site - Find Jobs. Thank you!