What your background should look like:
- The Manufacturing Data Analytics team is part of the Corporate Technology group focused to develop next generation solutions to support continuous improvement in the factory by leveraging IIoT and Systems data. We report to the Operations Lead for TE Connectivity.
- This position will report to the Senior Manager, Manufacturing Data Analytics and is expected to support a variety of complex analysis and visualizations using big data technologies for globally dispersed manufacturing plants and processes
- Daily work will involve one or more of the following activities
- Build intimate relationships with factory improvement teams and manufacturing subject matter experts to increase process domain knowledge and ensure successful project outcomes.
- Translate complex strategic challenge into relevant analytical framework.
- Assume a leadership role to lead meetings, establish project plans, and report progress at regular intervals
- Identify relevant structured and unstructured data sources available to support the improvement initiatives including IIoT, MES, Quality, and Maintenance systems.
- Leverage Cloud services to perform efficient, comprehensive, and accurate data analysis on complex data sets.
- Create statistical and machine learning models, delivering insight through visualization to support project improvement deliverables. Analytical approach will include but is not limited to six sigma, statistical analysis, regression, decision trees, neural networks, cluster analysis, mixed models, machine learning, deep learning, etc.
- Build and deploy ML inference once models have been validated.
- Build and maintain monitoring and alerting systems to ensure solution reliability and accuracy.
- A rigorous understanding of the fundamentals of statistics, machine learning and artificial intelligence applied to business challenges and microeconomics is required.
- Proficiency in development to such as R, Python, Java, and/or Spark is required.
- Exposure to distributed computing frameworks as well as cloud technologies is required.
- A strong curiosity to learn and apply data science techniques and tools is required.
- Proven ability to work within a climate of ambiguity is necessary.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills is a must.
- A graduate degree (MS or PhD) in STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or in other disciplines with heavy focus on quantitative domains, including statistics, analytics, data science, computing or actuarial sciences is desired
Values: Integrity, Accountability,Teamwork, Innovation
About TE Connectivity
TE Connectivity is a $13 billion global industrial technology leader creating a safer, sustainable, productive, and connected future. Our broad range of connectivity and sensor solutions, proven in the harshest environments, enable advancements in transportation, industrial applications, medical technology, energy, data communications, and the home. With nearly 80,000 employees, including more than 8,000 engineers, working alongside customers in approximately 150 countries, TE ensures that EVERY CONNECTION COUNTS. Learn more at www.te.com and on LinkedIn, Facebook, WeChat and Twitter.
What TE Connectivity offers:
We offer competitive total rewards compensation. Our commitment to our associates includes offering benefit programs that are comprehensive, competitive and will meet the needs of our associates.
- Generous 401(k) Plan
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Benefits start on day one
- Charity Donation Matching Program
- Competitive Paid Time Off
- Employee Resource Groups
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Healthcare for Associates and Families
- Health and Wellness Incentives
- Life Insurance and Disability Protection
Throughout our Global reach and various Business Units, we take a balanced approach to the benefits we provide. Many benefits are company-paid, while others are available through associate contribution. Specific benefit offerings can vary by location.