Are you a problem solver, explorer, and knowledge seeker – always asking, “What if?”
If so, you may be the new team member we’re looking for. Because at SAS, your curiosity matters – whether you’re applying algorithms, creating customer experiences or answering critical questions. Curiosity is our code, and the opportunities here are endless.
What we do
We’re the leader in analytics. Through our software and services, we inspire customers around the world to transform data into intelligence so our customers can make decisions faster. Our curiosity fuels innovation, pushing boundaries, challenging the status quo and changing the way we live.
What you’ll do
We are looking for a talented individual to join our Data Science Advisory team. The role brings together disciplines across data engineering, AI & machine learning, decision science and cloud / platform technologies and has been formed with the objective of driving the next phase of SAS growth. With Executive Level sponsorship this is an exciting, high profile opportunity where you will be helping to shape the future of the SAS business. We are a team that is passionate about data science and technology, but are equally curious about business. Our mission is to help customers apply data science in innovative ways that gain them competitive advantage.
The successful candidate will combine skills across data science and technology with a consulting mindset, domain best practice and excellent communication. Working across a broad range of industries in a highly customer facing capacity you will build trusted relationships with customers and prospects, initially helping them understand how SAS will add value to their business through the application of data science, but also supporting the value delivery.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of SAS solutions, technologies and processes whilst keeping up to date with domain and industry sector developments.
- Be a data science SME – thought leadership, blogging, presenting, trusted advisor to customer and partner eco-system.
- Nurture and maintain close working relationships, both business and technical, with our customers and partners.
- Comfortably and confidently position (and demonstrate) data science capabilities to clients and prospects; scope and lead POC and POV activities.
- Support account executives with account planning, opportunity qualification, workshops, solution design and positioning, crafting proposals and bid responses whilst taking ownership of technical activities.
What we’re looking for
- Passionate and driven individual, analytically minded who enjoys challenges and strives for excellence. Able to work proactively both individually or within a team.
- A curious mind, probing and questioning skills to uncover customer challenges - understand business processes and associated business problems, and to articulate where and how SAS technology and solutions can address.
- Strong communication & presentation skills coupled with analytical and problem-solving abilities and comfortable working at both C level and with users.
- Some of the following …
- A comprehensive understanding (and hands-on experience) of data science techniques. (Beneficial) experience, especially in SAS, SQL or data science open source software (R, python, Spark)
- Experience in leading / supporting data science projects which result in new and incremental software revenue.
- Solid understanding and experience of the B2C space, possibly with first-hand experience of working at such organisations.
- Degree in a technical or numerate subject, especially mathematics, statistics, physics or computer science.
- Specialism in data science disciplines such as machine learning, forecasting, NLP, computer vision, ModelOps, optimisation, and statistical analysis.
- At least 7 years industry / consultancy experience
- SAS knowledge beneficial but not essential (if SAS not a skill then Python/R would be of interest)
- Experience delivering large scale AI/ML projects
- Preferably MSc level candidate
- And finally …. a hunger to work hard, have fun and develop professionally.
- We love living the #saslife and believe that happy, healthy people have a passion for life, and bring that energy to work. No matter what your specialty or where you are in the world, your unique contributions will make a difference.
- Our multi-dimensional culture blends our different backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. Here, it isn’t about fitting into our culture, it’s about adding to it - and we can’t wait to see what you’ll bring.