Windward Consulting is at the forefront of Service-Centric IT. With strategic consulting, unparalleled technical expertise and our proven Windward Service-Centric IT RoadMap, we help our clients align the core competencies of process, organization, information and technology to run the most sensitive and mission-critical IT environments in the world.
If you are looking for an opportunity to be involved with a team of individuals who are working within one of our cutting-edge clients solving complex technical challenges then we are looking for you. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and have a roll up their sleeves mentality. Here at Windward we offer numerous opportunities to expand your experience in various areas depending upon your aptitude and interests. Our employees are not only passionate and driven, but strive to ensure customer quality is delivered consistently and effective.
We are looking for a high caliber, multidimensional Data Engineer who has worked in large enterprise environments. You will be working with our clients to assess current state processes and tools, define solution requirements, determine, and define integration requirements, develop overall architecture and implementation plans, and develop the final solution. This role will also provide expert level support and technical mentoring to developers, assist customers with proof of concept/proof of value activities, and lead briefings to an executive level audience. Hands-on implementation work is required.
- Develop solutions to implement ETL including, transmission, encryption, and archiving of files received and generated
- Creation of a data warehouse that allows the generation of KPIs and metrics in a dashboard
- Design, develop, and maintain database tables, stored procedures, and supporting objects
- Unit test to ensure the ETL code delivered is running and conforms to specifications and design guidelines
- Document deployment procedures
- Work with stakeholders in gathering and/or clarifying data and requirements from subject matter experts
- Develop test plans to ensure functionality has been implemented correctly
- Develop documentation to support the ongoing support and maintenance of any solutions developed
- Build and maintain relationships with users to ensure adoption and buy-in of ETL solutions
- 5+ years’ experience developing database ETL environments with business intelligence applications
- 5+ years’ experience writing stored T-SQL, procedures, functions, and SQL queries
- Experience loading and extracting XML and or JSON data to/from databases
- Experience developing in .NET
- Experience with Tableau development and or server administration
- Experience implementing data warehouses
- Experience with development and administration of dashboarding tools (such as AWS Quicksight, Tableau, MS PowerBI, Apache Superset or similar is valuable)
- Experience working with ETL tools (such as Pentaho PDI also known as Kettle, MS SSIS, IBM Data Stage or similar is valuable)
- Experience working with agile methodologies
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field; or equivalent experience/ combination of education and experience.
Windward strives to attract and retain the best individuals and provide an environment where they can all grow professionally and build a rewarding career. We continually strive to create an environment that balances work life and offers benefits that will enhance the compensation package. We offer Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance and AD&D, as well as the option to purchase additional Life Insurance and AD&D, Paid Time Off, Personal Leave, Holidays, 401(k) plan with company match and work/life balance.