Job Role Data Scientist
We are Innovators
We drive innovation to propel business transformation while maintaining operational quality We are Accelerators
We accelerate digital solutions to generate cost savings and efficiency gains for enterprise growth and success. We are Transformers
In Supply Chain Operations we have an opportunity and the responsibility to enable Cisco's business now and prepare for the future. Our vision and strategy continue to emphasize the importance of providing our customers an unrivaled customer experience by delivering a flexible, innovative and scalable supply chain while continuing to build upon our strong operational foundation. Cisco is also committed to social and environmental responsibility in our supply chain. We work with our suppliers to maintain a sustainable supply chain that meets our standards for ethics, labor practices, health and safety, and the environment.
We encourage you to become a part of this dynamic organization where on a daily basis we leverage Cisco's aggressive competitive spirit and accelerate time to market by empowering our employees to use their expertise to take good business risks. As Cisco expands into new technologies, and geographies, it's become an exciting time to be part of the Supply Chain Operations team.What You’ll Do
Work on massive structured, unstructured, transactional and real-time data sets from a variety of sources to analyze customer usage patterns and provide actionable, intuitive, impactful insights using metrics, algorithms, and statisticsWhat You’ll Do
Who You Are
- Acquire, clean and structure data from multiple sources and maintain databases/data systems.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Develop, prototype and test predictive algorithms
- Filter and clean data, and review computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Develop and implement data collection systems and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and data quality
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Recent graduate or on your final year of studies towards a MS or MBA or equivalent in Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Information Management, Statistics or a related field
- Strong communication skills
- Supply chain management knowledge
- Experience with Oracle databases is desirable. Strong knowledge of and experience with reporting packages (Business Objects etc). Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing large datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Technical knowledge regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in queries, report writing and presenting findings
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture enthusiast? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Disclaimer - Please note this posting is to advertise potential job opportunities. The requirement is for 2023/2024 passout only. This exact role may not be open today, but could open in the near future. When you apply, a Cisco representative may contact you directly if a relevant position opens.