E-FARM is a fast-growing AgTech (Agricultural Technology) company, facilitating online-based farm machinery transactions on a global scale. The platform connects farmers, equipment dealers, inspection companies, financial institutions, logistics providers as well as insurance companies to eliminate current trading barriers.
E-FARM competitive edge originates in a data-driven approach to
exploiting market inefficiencies across borders and industry segments. Having just closed a financing round with a leading farm equipment manufacturer and a tech-focused venture capital company, E-FARM is looking for motivated and open-minded talents to further scale its operations.
The platform’s future growth driver is data superiority versus all other market participants. Our mission is therefore to know more about a machine than its current owner or the company that originally built it. In order to get there, we adopt machine learning and image recognition models enriched by data provided by equipment manufacturers and open source libraries. Your challenge will be:
- Develop pricing models for agricultural machines (e.g. tractor, combine harvester, etc.)
- Develop image recognition models for
agricultural machines and their spare parts (e.g. tires, front loader, etc.)
- Construct, test, and maintain machine learning pipelines
- Ensure designed architecture fully supports defined business requirements
- Discover opportunities for new data science projects
- Closely interact with our data engineers and IT team
- A degree in Computer Science,
Mathematics, Statistics or Business Informatics or similar experiences
- You have deep knowledge in machine learning and statistics (e.g. classification, regression, clustering, deep learning)
- Excellent programming skills in Python: numpy, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.
- You have very strong SQL skills
- You have very strong data pre-processing skills: cleaning, normalization, transformation, feature engineering, etc.
- You know how to deploy machine learning models (via Docker or AWS Lambda, etc.)
- Experience in working with CI/CD tools (e.g. Jenkins)
- Knowledge in building image recognition engine in cloud platform (AWS, GCP or Azure) is a plus
- Knowledge in building the whole machine learning pipeline in cloud platform (AWS, GCP or Azure) is a plus
- Experience in Big Data Techniques (Hadoop, Spark, etc.) is a plus
- Fluency in English, German is a plus
- The chance to grow with us and to build a successful company together
- A well-equipped workplace with a company laptop, monitors, mobile phone, and headphones
- An appreciative atmosphere with fast decision-making processes, in which your ideas are always welcome
- An open, supportive, and fun team from different nations: With us, you will always find someone to help you when questions arise
- A welcoming office in the heart of Hamburg
- A monthly company meeting with pizza and beer to share successes, challenges, and progress
- A special annual company trip
- A friendly office dog and lots of fun at work
Apply today and start tomorrow - we are happy to get to know you!