Job Description Summary
As Workday Integration Developer, you will be responsible for designing, developing, & supporting integration solutions for GE’s new HCM Cloud solution (Workday). In this role you will be part of Global Functions Integration DevOps team delivering new/enhanced integrations and its operational support.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design, build, test and deploy integration solutions for Workday using EIB, Workday Studio and as well as other tools of the Workday integration platform.
- Provide production support & troubleshooting for Workday HCM system integration issues.
- Drive customer communication during critical events and be a key contributor in retrospective meetings
- Provide mentorship and guidance to team members
- Ensure seamless operation of Workday integration solutions and adherence to data consumer requirements
- Work on multiple parallel projects and other duties as assigned
- See and understand the “holistic picture” and recognize and understand any impacts to downstream systems, and hub / data warehouse
- Understand and follow defined configuration standards and best practices
- Understand and ensure security and data privacy standards
- Demonstrate the understanding of Agile software development lifecycle and able to distinguish the core inputs and outputs in each cycle.
- Engage in technical discussions; participate in technical designs and present technical ideas through white boarding
- Execute in a fast pace delivery mode and focus in delivering tasks to meet the product release goal
- Understand the Workday data model, high level product features and the interrelationship between them while being an expert in Workday based data integrations.
- Apply advanced troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions to our customers' individual needs
- Work on critical, highly complex customer problems that may span multiple services
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation and work with global teams
- Collaborate with cross functional stakeholders
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or in “STEM” Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math) with a minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the technology space with emphasis on data design, integration development, software engineering and/or application support
- 1+ years experience with HR applications such as PeopleSoft, SAP, and Oracle or other third-party software products
- Prior experience with Workday Integrations, specifically EIB and Studio.
- Workday HCM integration experience preferred
- Strong Interpersonal skills – verbal, written and listening
- Strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Ability to clearly articulate complex ideas to technical resources
- Demonstrated customer focus – evaluates decisions through the eyes of the customer, builds strong customer relationships and creates data integrations with a customer viewpoint
- Hands-on experience implementing programmatic data integrations or ETL data flows using Java code or ETL tools like Talend, Informatica, Spring Batch or equivalent.
- Experience in building or consuming SOAP or REST based web-API.
- Experience with functional aspects of HR modules including Core HCM
- Ability to prioritize workload and execute tasks independently, providing timely follow-up and resolution
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) experience
- Familiar with agile methodology
- Experience with gathering requirements from functional and technical users
- Ability to provide documentation and artifacts as required, and develop unit test cases
Workday Technical Skills
- Standard and Custom Reports
- Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB) and Core Connector
- Calculated Fields
- PICOF and/or PECI (Payroll Interface)
- Workday Studio
- Solution and/or Object Transporter migration tools
- iLoads (optional)
- Security and Business Process configuration
- Integration certification
- HCM (or other functional) certification preferred
as otherwise agreed between an employee and their manager.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes