Ankorstore was founded in 2019 to build a platform that enables independent shops and brands to connect and thrive. As a result, we became a wholesale marketplace that provides the tools these entrepreneurs need to compete against e-commerce giants.
We work with a network of independent retailers all across Europe, including concept stores, design shops, boutiques, fine food stores and other retailers. Brands retain complete control over which retailers they choose and who they sell to.
We support businesses and local economies, not corporations, employing communities of creative people who value craftsmanship over mass production and mass-market deals.
Only two years after our successful launch, we gathered 300,000 retailers and 30,000 brands across Europe and reached unicorn status with a valuation of €1.75 billion.
In less than three years, we grew to a company of 600+ employees of 45+ nationalities and six offices across five countries (France, the UK, Spain, Italy, and Germany).
What’s your favourite boutique? Its survival depends on having products that sell. Good products are the lifeblood of our neighborhoods, our cities, our commerce, and the future of independent retailers. So how do these retailers find their products? At Ankorstore.
Ankorstore gathers millions of products in one place, so that retailers can discover the best product to sell. We already help hundreds of thousands of retailers in this trillion-dollar market, and 10xed our revenue last year.
But how are these shops supposed to find the right products among millions?
This is where you come in.
Senior Machine Learning Engineer
We need you to improve and scale our search and recommendation algorithms. You would be the first member of the machine learning team, in charge of developing and deploying machine learning models to make it easier for retailers to find the products they need.
Search and recommendations are the first focus of the data science team, but there’s much more it can focus on in the future: managing fraud, determining credit scores, predicting stocks, assisting with AI our brands’ copy and images…
What you will be doing:
Can you improve Ankorstore’s two-sided marketplace through machine learning?
- Design our search, ranking, recommendations, and browsing algorithms, introduce personalization; and more broadly, improve our algorithms any way you think can help.
- Put them in production, measure their performance, and iterate.
- Design, build and scale real-time and batch processing pipelines to compute features, perform inference, and make decisions.
To do this, you will work closely with Product Managers and Engineers, and report to the Director of Engineering for the RetailersXP tribe.
- B.S., M.S., or PhD. in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 5+ years of industry experience on machine-learning teams.
- Experience building and deploying various machine learning models.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas: NLP, ranking, search engine, recommender system, and ML
- Experience with modern back-end machine learning tech stacks.
- Strong fundamental programming skills:
- Object-oriented design
- Functional programming
- Systems Design
- Solid understanding of engineering and infrastructure best practices, general software development principles with a machine learning software development life-cycle orientation.
- An excitement and willingness to learn new tools and techniques.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work with others in a closely collaborative team environment.
- Proven success improving search and recommendations algorithms.
Nice experience to have:
- Working with complex systems at scale
- Monitoring & Alerting
- Performance analysis
- Designing software for low latency and high through-put
- Training and launching machine-learning models
What’s in it for you? 🤩
- Strong values, a real purpose-driven company, in a global international and connected People team.
- A highly dynamic environment in a fast-scaling company at a stage where you will be able to shape things autonomously and participate in the future of the organization.
- A real playground for development with exciting career opportunities, locally or internationally, with strong people mentors.
- Competitive salary and compensation, including equity (depending on the role’s seniority level), to reward your strong impact.
- We are remote-first; however, you can visit and work from the closest office as often as you would like to! You only need to be based in one of our markets: France, UK, Germany, Spain, Italy, Netherlands
- Team off-sites and fun events.
- Class pass ..
- And many other benefits that have been implemented.
Ankorstore is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to promoting diversity. We don’t discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.