Think Forward! Our purpose is to empower people to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We are an industry recognized strong brand with positive recognition from customers in many countries, strong financial position, omni-channel distribution strategy and international network. If you want to work at a place with lots of freedom to innovate, where we believe that you can live by the Agile manifesto without jeopardizing the necessary continuity, compliance and QA measures, where we are committed to deliver stable and secure services to end users, and where we have a ‘no nonsense’ getting-things done mentality, please read on!
As a Data Scientist in People Analytics CoE you will: (1) develop, test, deploy, and monitor analytical solutions (Natural Language Processing (NLP) or machine learning models, simulations, recommenders, etc.), end-to-end which covers ETL in MSSQL, Python app (data pipeline, model, API architecture), and front-end development in PowerBI Report Server or (minimal) HTML/CSS (2) support our team lead and product owners in technical refinement of incoming business requests (3) contribute to the data science chapter through: knowledge sharing, standardising/streamlining our technical WoW, adopting new algorithms or technologies, presenting your work to the internal/external analytics community.
Your passion is to work with the latest and greatest technologies that delivers the right analysis of data, you’re pro-active in keeping yourself up to date and are always searching for new ways to discover new technologies. You also enjoy laying the architectural foundations for the things you’re working on. You combine both thinking of the future and a hands-on, right now attitude. You will work in a team with highly skilled people and enjoy a creative atmosphere where trying things out is encouraged.
The People Analytics CoE consists of 15 people and is part of Global HR. We are working on projects to make ING the best place to work. Our team works agile and is structured in two squads: continuous listening (CL) and Workforce analytics (WFA), each squad has its own product owner and the squad’s members are either data scientists or business translators. The CL squad develops analytics products which uses data generated mainly by surveys and the WFA squad develops products for different pillars of ING’s workforce planning (structure, performance, skills & competencies). People Analytics is a relative new field and there is a lot of room for experimentation and innovation.
As a Data Scientist in our team you have the following responsibilities:
- Build/improve data-driven analytical products using NLP and machine learning techniques
- Design, analyse and interpret business hypothesis and explore datasets through using available tools
- Recommend ideas to business when data/results are available through good visualizations or algorithms, you always think one step ahead, for example the best way of implementation
- Assist users to understand the data science principles and when needed provide an explanation for the model behaviour and possible correcting actions
Programming: Python, MSSQL, Flask framework as back-end
Dashboarding: PowerBI, (minimal) HTML & CSS on top of Flask
Do you recognize yourself in this profile:
- You have an excellent knowledgeable about machine learning techniques and willingness to keep the knowledge up-to-date. You have an in-depth understanding of algorithms like Random Forests, Neural Networks, MCMC and reinforcement learning, deep learning, logistic regression, SVM, KNN, K-Means, LDA. You don’t let your friends do a grid-search
- You have experience with NLP
- You have hands-on knowledge of data manipulation and transformation in one/more dialect of SQL; e.g., MSSQL
- You are hands-on in Python, you know OOP, you can build web API’s in a micro-service like Flask, you know enough HTML and CSS to deliver a web front-end proof-of-concept
- You have experience with GIT and deployment automation tools (CI/CD); e.g., Azure DevOps
- You have experience with PowerBI or other Business Intelligence tools
- You are experienced in explaining complicated analysis to a non-technical audience with your storytelling and data visualization skills
- You support the squad’s product owners with refining and planning vague business questions into sprints and deliver in collaboration with other data scientist and translators
- You have experience in Agile/Scrum way of working
- You have excellent oral and written communication skills at technical and business level
- You are willing to learn, open to feedback and development on both technical and interpersonal levels
- You have perseverance, you does not give up when a problem is demanding, you knows how to deal with setbacks
- Fluent in written and spoken English
It is a big plus if you have:
- Experience with development on Windows server (PowerShell, Windows IIS)
- Experience with model validation
- Experience in linked data and graph databases like Neo4j
- Experience in d3.js or other state-of-the-art visualization frameworks
- You realize that the value of your work is quality x acceptance and want to become better at both. You are proven to be able to give, ask and incorporate feedback.
- You understand that understanding the problem is at least 90% of the solution.
What do we offer?
Working at ING means working in a dynamic and international setting. Individual development of our employees is very important and that is why ING offers excellent courses and programs. You will become a member of the People Analytics team, a young, innovative, fast moving team. You will work on projects and products about ING’s workforce. We have the mission to make all people related decisions in ING data-driven. A fun environment where there is lots of opportunities to better yourself, ING is building a Global Data Science Academy, to which you have full access. In addition, we offer:
- A competitive salary
- Working with highly skilled people
- Working in an area which is of great importance to the strategy of ING
- An International atmosphere
- A full-time 40 hours position at job level 10
- Great training and education opportunity
We are looking forward to getting to know you