Years of Experience
At least 5 - 6 years’ experience in developing, implementing and maintaining IT systems
Position Summary / Project Description
The role is to provide production support and project/enhancements implementation for Datamart projects.
Roles and Responsibilities
1. Attend to user queries on data issues as part of production support for existing Enterprise Data Warehouse and data mart applications.
2. Perform production support and track incidents to closure.
3. Attend user meetings to document and analyze requirements on change requests for EDW and data mart applications, or conduct regular workgroup meetings with key stakeholders.
4. Perform data profiling and mapping to understand the data requirements for new projects or change requests.
5. Provide development work using ETL tool (SAP BODS / Informatica / MS-SQL SSIS) for new projects or change requests.
6. Provide development work using BI tool (OBIEE) based on report and metadata definition.
7. Provide production support on production reports, dashboards and metadata.
8. Liaise closely with vendors or in-house developers to design, configure and test the enhancements made in accordance with IHiS project methodologies and policies.
9. Support the team in analyzing and documenting project requirements through reviewing ETL source codes of other similar projects.
10. Work with stakeholders to define business and information needs.
11. Understand and translate user requirement analysis into analytics, reporting requirements and extraction/transformation/loading rules for the development & implementation of new data mart applications, and enhancements to existing applications.
12. D evelop automated and logical data models and data output methods.
13. Design data reports and visualisation tools to facilitate data understanding.
14. Lead the identification and documentation of business attributes and metrics by analyzing existing data and report requirements.
15. Help in identification and perform technical data mapping for potential sources of data for data warehouse.
16. Oversee testing of data acquisition processes and their implementation into production.
17. Conduct and support testing (e.g. system integration testing, user acceptance testing) phases prior to implementation.
18. Provide 24/7 primary application maintenance support.
19. Provide guidance and coaching to junior team members on technical aspects.
- Bachelor's Degree, in Computer Science / Information Technology or equivalent.
- At least 5-6 years of experience working in the IT industry or projects including:
- Develop, implement and maintain IT systems, preferable on ETL rules, data modelling and design with BI applications
- Business Analysis, Project Management and Project Documentation
- Strong MS-SQL and Oracle Database scripting
- Able to work independently as well as an effective team player with strong desire to deliver results.
- Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot problems with reports and ETL processes and perform root cause analysis.
- Adaptable and meticulous with strong analytical skills.
- Good communication skills (written and spoken).
- Experience in healthcare domain is an added advantage.