Title: Data Analyst (ETO)
Reports to: Director
STATUS: Full-time (Exempt)
BACKGROUND: For over 40 years, Urban Strategies, Inc. (USI) has assisted residents and community stakeholders to design and implement a wide range of transformative projects in distressed U.S. communities. Our goal is to ensure that our all of families are stable and thriving. USI recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. At USI, we have a clear vision: to be a place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, to stay and do their best work. USI’s dedication to promoting equity, diversity, and inclusion is clearly reflected in our mission and values.
JOB SUMMARY: The Data Analyst will provide leadership and results-oriented direction for staff using USI’s data tracking performance system. This role will distribute analyses of reporting to staff, support in the training of staff, interpret data to provide meaningful insight, facilitate data-based decision making, and to bring value to the lines of business in service to mission.
- Track performance across a national organization in our data tracking system.
- Compile quantitative data to report to key stakeholders to better understand community disparities in service to the mission.
- Support USI staff in learning the data tracking system to ensure accurate data entry for optimal results.
- Participate in all aspects of data quality assurance.
- Analyze and disaggregate data to build impact measures through an equity lens.
- Participate in discussions with project managers, business analysts, users, and team members to address results and accountability to ensure high-quality service.
- Strong working experience in data analysis, design, development, implementation, and testing of data using data extraction, transformation, and data loading.
- Develop reports and deliverables for management and communicate with all levels of stakeholders.
- Identify and define data quality improvements to enhance strategies to better track progress that leads to community-based outcomes.
- Conduct data analysis with a results driven mindset in support of a variety of analytic solutions.
- Capture, develop, and document data definitions, business rules, and data quality requirements.
- Use critical thinking skills around inequities in the communities of service and data-based results to contribute to the thought leadership in the system.
- Integrate data from multiple sources to produce requested or required data elements.
- Becoming articulate in the Results-Based Leadership framework
- Assist staff in tracking and reporting programmatic outcomes and engage in ongoing evaluation of programs and services.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field with coursework in any of the following: Data Analytics, Computer Science, or related field or equivalent education/work.
- 2 years direct experience with data analysis, visualization, or interpretation
- Experience in creating scripts and programs
- Track record of effectively leading and scaling a performance- and outcomes- based organization and staff.
- Written communication and presentation skills and comfort explaining data and statistical topics to different audiences.
- Critical-thinking skills with the ability to identify patterns and trends and spot new issues.
- Ability to analyze and interpret disaggregated data, and to base program designs on resident-driven and data-driven rationale.
- Strong adaptive skills. Must excel in fast-paced environment a broad set of diverse stakeholders.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Preference for working in a team environment with shared responsibilities and decision-making.
- Proficient use of computers, basic office software and any other database software(s) used to track work outputs.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION IS NOT INTENDED TO BE AND SHOULD NOT BE CONSTRUED AS AN ALL-INCLUSIVE LIST OF ALL THE RESPONSIBILITIES, SKILLS OR WORKING CONDITIONS ASSOCIATED WITH THE POSITION. WHILE IT IS INTENDED TO ACCURATELY REFLECT THE POSITION ACTIVITIES AND REQUIREMENTS, MANAGEMENT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY, ADD OR REMOVE DUTIES AND ASSIGN OTHER DUTIES AS NECESSARY. REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS MAY BE MADE TO ASSIST INDIVIDUALS WITH DISABILITIES IN MEETING THE EXPECTATIONS OF THIS POSITION.
Urban Strategies is an equal opportunity employer