Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World’s Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com
Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: https://www.strykercareersblog.com/post/8-reasons-to-join-strykers-engineering-team
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives.
Who we want
- Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
- Meticulous documenters. Detail-oriented people who enjoy maintaining meticulous documentation of reports, metrics, proposals, and presentations.
• Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
- Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do
Responsible for providing automated, accurate data sets that may be used by other data analysts or segments of the business.
In addition to responding to requests from the business, this position will also be responsible for identifying new opportunities and technologies to help drive a data-driven culture. This may include but is not limited to proposing new data reporting solutions for internal/external customers, identifying & demonstrating capabilities of new software platforms, and providing training & resources to help empower self-service analytics within the business.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Implement automated reporting dashboards to track key business metrics across multiple segments of the business.
- Perform data analytics activities for quality system data
- Identify actionable insights and suggest recommendations to influence the direction of the business and cross-functional teams.
- Participate in improvement by enhancing existing databases, data collection methods, statistical methods, technology, procedures, and training.
- Work with cross-functional teams to determine analytic / statistical needs, define key metrics, measure business performance, and implement data related initiatives/tasks.
- Develop and maintain internal procedures and documentation that encompass the full lifecycle of data analytics related activities.
- Understand business objectives for data analytics and ensure adherence to established business and data processes.
- Coach and mentor others in data analytics related activities.
What you need
- Preferred: Statistical background and/or demonstrated statistical experience
- 0-2 years’ work experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to conduct a careful study of data and information in a methodical way
- Working knowledge of business intelligence and analytics platforms (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) and how to effectively utilize them within a business.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to influence and interact with cross-functional team members
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow in a rapidly changing environment
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Self-managed and motivated
“This job may be performed remotely from anywhere in the United States, except that this job may not be filled or performed in Colorado.”
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards – not to mention various social and recreational activities.
Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at https://careers.stryker.com/referrals/