Provides data analysis support to the Technical Director of the Multiphoton Imaging and Analytical Center (MAGIC), Shared Resources Labs, involving performing essential image analysis consultations for imaging core users with data derived from multiphoton and other fluorescence imaging microscopy methodologies, establishing image pre-processing workflows at the imaging core, managing databases, developing customized data analytics tools, incorporating newly developed algorithms into commercial software, presenting algorithms/results, and providing input to investigators on statistical issues and experimental design. Work will also involve interacting and collaborating with other data scientists in different departments and core facilities to share and exchange code and methodologies.
- Develops novel methods, algorithms, and models to analyze 3D/4D multiphoton images by teaming with different experimentalists for particular studies; evaluates and analyzes existing methods, algorithms, and models, and modifies as needed.
- Develops, tests, maintains, and evaluates image pre-processing toolboxes and platform for imaging core users general use. Designs and verifies program logic by preparing test data and trial runs. Codes program instructions and revises and/or refines programs. Documents procedures used.
Training and Consultation:
- Facilitates image analysis training for users and other researchers on campus through workshops, seminars, etc.
- Consults with imaging core users and investigators to provide consultation support on image analysis methodologies and statistical issues. Provides consultation support on related programs and systems; instructs large user groups on such systems.
- Interacts closely and collaborates with other data scientists at the shared resource laboratories and related departments.
- Manages and organizes the image data and other digital files acquired and stored at the imaging core facility.
Other job duties and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, or Engineering plus 2-3 years of related experience and advanced level of expertise and understanding with computational languages; or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Master’s degree in relevant field desirable.
- Experience and demonstrated ability with working in different programming languages, such as Matlab, Python, R, SAS etc.; experience in integrating custom code into commercial image analysis software (ImageJ, Imaris, Volocity) is highly desirable.
- Strong presentation and communication skills both verbal and written.
- Strong ability to work both independently and collaborating with a team.
- Experience in 3D and 4D image analysis, data segmentation, 3D reconstruction, data visualization, and big data management and storage.
- Familiarity with machine learning, neural network, and artificial intelligence is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of supercomputer, and batch/cluster computing is highly desirable.
How To Apply
All applicants must apply online.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled