Job title: Data Engineer (Solutions Developer)
Reports to: Data & Analytics Team Lead
Location: Role can be worked from our Manchester, Leeds or Reading office (Hybrid working available)
Hours: Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours, 9am to 5.30pm, 60-minute lunch
Salary: Up to £50k + benefits
BCN is a leading managed IT services provider based in the United Kingdom. We specialise in delivering technology solutions to businesses across various sectors. Our services include cloud computing, cybersecurity, data management, and more.
We have an open culture where collaboration, inclusion and close working with the leadership team is essential – we work together & we win together!
Focus of the role:
We are looking for a Solutions Developer who is passionate about technology and wants to deliver real improvements for public and private sector clients, in smart and effective ways. The successful candidate will have a desire to develop their skills and want to learn more about wider IT architecture and development enabling them to build a successful career here at BCN in a growing and exciting technology team.
Our people have 3 things in common: curiosity for learning, getting projects done brilliantly and the belief that together we do make a difference!
You will be joining a data and analytics team who are a critical part of the company, whose mission is to help the company and our clients make better decisions through data driven insights.
To achieve this, you will be accountable for the following:
- Building data pipelines using Azure data factory for data ingestion
- Looking after the data integration, data conformity, data integrity and ensure the data structures are designed for future business needs and enhancements
- Ensure that data transformations are well recorded and follow best practices so that it is easily understood by developers and analysts
- Work directly with the business to support various projects and solutions
- Using problem solving skills as challenges arise
- Process mining to scope and deliver solutions that meet agreed User Stories
Person, Skills & Experience:
- Confident to work individually on projects as well as part of a team to support roadmap and governance processes
- Data Engineer Certification such as DP-203 is highly desirable
- Strong business-to-technology translation skills for identifying ways to apply solutions to help customers improve performance
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Azure Data Factory/Data Lakes
- SQL server experience (SSIS, SSMS)
- Experience with Data Warehouse solutions
- Python is also desirable
- Understanding of Azure DevOps Pipelines would be advantageous
- The opportunity to shape your own future with industry leading training and development and access to our BCN Academy
- Competitive salary and the ability to progress
- 23 days holiday increasing with length of service and the option to buy additional leave
- Hybrid working
- Birthday off
- 2 paid leave days per annum to volunteer and support your local community
- Health cash plan with free access to a confidential Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) supporting bereavement, financial, health and wellbeing, and much more
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme, electric vehicle scheme, tech scheme and retail discounts
- State-of-the-art office with free parking
- Free 24-hour onsite gym (Manchester)
- Long service gifts to celebrate the milestones
- Beer Fridays, end of month pizza, pool tables (with cross office tournaments if you fancy your chances!), dress down every day, social events such as Summer BBQ, plus more!