What We Do
Please notice that we are currently not able to provide candidates with German Employment Visa.
Briink is a mission driven organisation working at the intersection of Climate Tech and AI. We believe AI has an important role to play in helping to accelerate the transition to a sustainable world. Natural Language Processing (NLP) in particular can play a crucial role in accelerating the adoption and impact of sustainability regulations, helping companies across all industries make more sustainable decisions and secure access to capital for sustainable activities.
Our SaaS platform harnesses NLP to help companies navigate and implement sustainable finance regulations like the EU Taxonomy, removing the significant cost and time barriers to reporting, while unlocking access to green capital in the process.
Backed by Merantix AG, we are building Briink within a leading ecosystem of data scientists, engineers, and entrepreneurs at the AI Campus. You will be joining an experienced founding team with backgrounds in engineering, machine learning, law, design and sustainability as well as previous venture and consulting experience in the LegalTech, RegTech and the NLP space.Your role
Joining as our Senior Data Engineer you will…
- Shape the core product and its tech stack from the ground up.
- Participate in the overall design, architecture, and integration of our data systems.
- Build, maintain and run secure cloud-native data collection, ETL and machine learning pipelines.
- Provide APIs to build user-facing applications on top of our data backends.
- Plan, gather requirements, collaborate and communicate with stakeholders.
- Be a key part of the technical decision-making process.
- Mentor other engineers and strive for best practices.
- Use data to help accelerate our mission impact and make a real difference.
You'll play a critical role in defining and driving the tech stack so if you think you'd be great at this job even if you don't hit all these requirements, please still apply!Essentials
Nice to haves
- 3+ years experience as a data engineer or backend engineer with a focus on data pipelines.
- Fluency in python for modern data engineering.
- Strong experience with industrial-grade relational and non-relational data storage (e.g. Postgres SQL, GraphQL) and associated technologies (e.g. Elastic Search).
- Strong experience building robust ETL processes, data pipelines and orchestrators (e.g. Airflow, DvC).
- Experience with API frameworks (e.g. FastAPI, Django).
- Experience with Deployment technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes).
- Comfortable with git and building CI/CD pipelines (e.g. github, github Actions).
- AI and machine learning technologies know-how or interest(e.g. Tensorflow, Pytorch).
- Experience with Agile Methodologies and working in Sprints.
- Curiosity, pragmatism, fast learner and ability to bring a new perspective to our team.
- Fluency in English (German not required).
- Located in or willing to relocate to Berlin, Germany.
What We Offer
- Experience or an interest with machine learning deployment and MLOPs frameworks (e.g. MLFlow, W&B, Seldon Core).
- Background or an interest in Natural Language Processing technologies (e.g. Huggingface, Spacy).
- Background in DevOps on Cloud architectures (e.g. GCP, terra form).
- Experience with Big Data processing frameworks (e.g. Apache Spark).
- Experience with web scraper technologies (e.g. Scrapy).
- Interest in sustainability.
- We believe in our mission - and we'd love for you to help us accelerate the transition to a sustainable world!
- We believe in trust and ownership - flexible working hours, flat hierarchies as well as regular feedback are all part of it.
- We live our values - a dynamic, diverse and highly motivated team which supports and mentors each other.
- We promote our culture - regular team events and intensive exchange with all Merantix ventures.
- We have a cool HQ - we are located in a newly renovated office at the AI Campus in the heart of Berlin, complete with fresh fruit, Evening driinks, and an amazing ecosystem of other startups, engineers and data scientists.
- A competitive salary and equity package - As one of the early members of the team this role comes with shares in the company so if Briink succeeds we all succeed!__