The world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service is looking for a Data Engineer to join the band in a consultant assignment. The client has transformed music listening forever when launched in 2008.
Period: 2022-11-28 to 2023-06-30 (full-time), with a possibility of extension.
About the role
The client is looking for a Data Engineer to join their Security department. The department's
mission is to enable building and maintaining safe products at speed and scale. The Security department sets the strategy and direction for all of the client’s cyber security capabilities. This includes: detection & response, vulnerability management, cloud security, IT security, compliance engineering, risk management and more.
They capture data from internal tools’ to assess and drive continuous data informed improvements to their security posture. In this context, they are looking for a data engineer to help them scale up their data infrastructure, so as to ensure a smoother data consumption experience. If you are passionate about delivering high quality data accessibility to ultimately improve decision making, this is your opportunity to help them further mature the overall security posture, and to deliver impactful and scalable security initiatives across the company.
The client is a fast paced company with an ambition that every decision should be data-informed and every feature is fueled with data. To make this happen they invest in data engineering and insights functions across the company. As a Data Engineer for Security, you will create rich data sets which will be the foundation for Security to set a more data informed strategy and assess the client’s security posture. You will have regular opportunities to collaborate with Data Scientists and other Data Engineers across their technology platform to gain deeper insights into how they work, enabling your work to significantly improve the day-to-day work of stakeholders in every business function. From your point of expertise in our employee experience, you will be empowered to present your insights to help them advance the client’s industry leadership in the technology industry.
What you'll do
- Build data pipelines focusing on data quality and retention
- Working with internal teams and 3rd party suppliers
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality
- Collaborate closely with engineers, data scientists and team leads across the mission
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate and deliver on new product objectives
Who you are
- You have at least 2+ years of experience as a data engineer
- You have a degree in computer science or similar
- You have worked with cloud technologies, preferably GCP
- You are well versed in the SQL language and databases
- You have good knowledge and experience of Python
- You are knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques
- Know how to write distributed, high-volume services in Java or Scala
- You are a self-motivated individual contributor and great teammate with the ability to multitask, prioritize and communicate progress in a rapidly changing environment
- Have a deep understanding of system design, data structures, and algorithms
- You care about agile software processes and iterative delivery, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation
We are Market Partner
Market Partner is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome to our community regardless of who you are, no matter where you come from, or what you look like.