At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
As we grow our team, the well-being of our team members remains our top priority. To ensure the health and safety of our team members, including those in the recruitment process, our team members are temporarily working from home.
Senior Data Scientist
The Access Network Engineering organization is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who will support the engineering and business teams in improving the customer experience and network performance by developing data driven solutions and generating valuable data-based insights to drive further network, process and business optimizations. Reporting to the Manager of End to End Service Experience, the successful candidate will leverage their expert knowledge of statistical analysis, machine learning and data driven algorithms to develop technology strategies that play a critical role in improving core services on the Rogers Network.
This position requires strong technical leadership, long term planning, and excellent communication skills across all levels of management.
Work with key stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging available data to drive customer experience and network performance improvements.
- Use the expert knowledge of statistical analysis, data mining techniques, machine learning to develop data driven algorithmic models to describe and measure the performance of Rogers’s core services (internet, video, wireless, voice).
- Use predictive modeling to enable proactive monitoring and actioning to maximize the positive customer experience.
- Develop processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and accuracy.
- Ability to develop data engineering processes to perform data transformation tasks on both streaming and batch data processing scenarios.
- Coordinate with key functional teams to implement created models and monitor outcomes.
- Design and implement personalized key performance identifiers that drive customer experience.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Support the influence and impact across the enterprise in promoting the analytics strategic direction
- Perform ad-hoc data analysis and correlations to help engineers and support teams solve service issues
- Identifies opportunities to extend existing big data and emerging technologies to meet anticipated network, business and customer needs
- Actively leads development of 1-3 year department technology strategies and roadmaps.
- Development of the annual operating plan, forecasts, and budgets
- Works closely with the IT/Network Architects, and cross functional teams for data architecture designs and integrations
- Oral and Written Communications: Ability to deliver presentations and proposals to various audiences. Facilitates, influences, and persuades the decision-making of senior management on technical issues. Represents the company on technical matters.
- Initiative: Proactively identifies present and future obstacles, issues, and opportunities. Takes actions to address such obstacles.
- Innovation: Motivated to improve organizational performance through the introduction of new ideas, methods, processes, products, or services. Develops new ways of looking at a situation.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Mathematics or Masters in Machine Learning, Statistics
- 8 or more years of experience in research/development of statistical models, manipulating datasets, designing machine learning and data driven algorithmic solutions, predictive tools.
- Excellent leadership, analytical techniques and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions etc).
- Ability to use various computer languages (Spark, R, Python, SQL, etc.) to manipulate data and draw insights from large data sets.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Spark, Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive.
- Experience creating advanced machine learning algorithms: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience using one of major cloud provider web services, Mictosoft Azure preferred: Databricks, Azure Data Factory, Synapse, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Familiarity with Operator video, wireless, and voice services is definite plus:
- From consumer mobile, web, and STB devices (WiFi, Ethernet).
- From service platforms (IPTV, DOCSIS, VoIP, LTE, etc.)
- Core IP network and HFC/xPON/RAN access systems
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 8200 Dixie Road (101), Brampton, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Technology & Software Development
Requisition ID: 240054
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Information Technology & Engineering